The Movies Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If adventure has a name, it must be.....Indiana Jones. Raiders has been my favotite film since I saw it in the theatres lo those many years ago. Sure, the second and third movie didn't quite match up to the first (but let's be honest, what movie could?) I also am looking forward to this, it looks like it just might have a little touch of that old magic.

looking forward to it too, and really glad it looks like they make reference to him being old, because it would be a little lame if they just pretended he could do everything he did when he was 20 years younger...that said, the joke came up 3 times in the trailer...I hope it doesn't become a boring repeated theme throughout, that would get old fast (no pun intended)

looking forward to it too, and really glad it looks like they make reference to him being old, because it would be a little lame if they just pretended he could do everything he did when he was 20 years younger...that said, the joke came up 3 times in the trailer...I hope it doesn't become a boring repeated theme throughout, that would get old fast (no pun intended)

watch it with the "old" jokes puppy...... ;) lol

after getting knocked around the SOB should be limping like a lame duck, I like it when a hero has feet of clay and joints of oatmeal.

And while I'm finding movies and trailers that really interest me, this one has really caught my attention. I 'think' its out already, or just came out. If so, I'm going to take the kids this weekend because this is right up their alley.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8supGNfhJIY]YouTube - Spiderwick Chronicles Movie Official Trailer 1[/ame]

And while I'm finding movies and trailers that really interest me, this one has really caught my attention. I 'think' its out already, or just came out. If so, I'm going to take the kids this weekend because this is right up their alley.

That one opened thursday, and hopefully it will do justice to the books. But at the very least, the effects look Awesome.

Another movie that I'm rather keen on seeing now and after seeing the trailer, I'm damn tempted to have Steph do up a whole slew of concepts to run along with Misaki and the like.

YouTube - The Forbidden Kingdom Trailer

You really should, misaki needs companions after all, you need a big chinese guy with a dragon cannon, and everyone loves a drunken master, especially when he's blowing flames.

For us lazy ones a direct run from youtube.

I am REALLY looking forward to this one though, seems to me that its a series of movies that has the potential to go on and on if they wanted to.

YouTube - Hellboy II: The Golden Army Trailer (HD)

Hellboy as a Comic has a good range of stories, and in addition to the regular movies there is also the Hellboy animated of which the DVDs aren't exactly something I would say are meant for young children (although my cousins 5yr old daughter loves them)

Hellboy Animated -- Sword of the Storms

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ubh4cO_DiFo]YouTube - Hellboy Animated - Sword of Storms - trailer[/ame]

Hellboy Animated -- Blood and Iron

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2uelrpovBs]YouTube - Hellboy Animated - Blood & Iron - trailer[/ame]

And if all goes well with the Movie, there are plans for Hellboy Animated -- The Phantom Claw, featuring Lobster Jones.