Faction group sets

EricJ

Just a little hint at the rules from the releases in the web store. For those looking forward to the game, you can know with assurance that any of the groups being offered as groups will be playable as such in the game. And although while the game release may be a little ways off still, it will give you time to get your little warriors ready to take on anything in their way (you know, the theory that the better painted minis have a decided advantage on the game table)

I highly respect the fact that you are gearing your miniature release to reflect the needs of the upcoming ruleset, it shows consideration of the fanbase which is important in a company if i plan on supporting them. Bravo.

That being said, as I had already planned on picking up Lilith and her brood that's a welcome bonus, although it does mean I'll have to pick up a second faction so I can "coerce"one of my friends into checking it out with me. Hmmmm, I always thought that Perdita figure was pretty hot looking...............

That's the goal! Since a game takes so long to really get right, and we can work on all the support before that, the idea is to give people the tools to really get prepared for the game before it's released so hopefully they can try it out, right when it is released. Similarly we're putting in work on the look and feel and fluff for it, so people can hopefully start to see the world and get excited about the chance to play in it. That's the hope at least, but most of all, we don't want people to ever get that "I've just been yanked around by a game company" feeling

I agree with what's said here..... I was royally pissed when GW changed it's rank size effectively making it's boxed sets and all my carefully made movement trays and units useless...

It also means that people can get a feel for the fact that these aren't just kick ass models ..(which is what drew me in) but they are all part of something much bigger and suddenly the range starts to become a lot more collectible...

There are definitely plans to give him some additional friends! Although the idea is more that they'll be things that he's created rather than other scientists, although it's not a bad idea to give him a helping hand or two down the road. We're always open to ideas!!

Mostly we realized that the necro faction was the most fleshed out, and so we turned attentions elsewhere for a bit since we didn't want to get too known as simply an "undead" type miniature company, but don't worry, there are plans for him! :)

You guys got me. The faction sets are what have convinced me to buy them. It would be great to have two, paint them up, and wait 'til the game comes out.

I've gotten involved a little with Spinespur. It's got some weird models and an adult modern horror survivial skirmish game. I wonder if Wyrd and ComfyChair games would consider sharing a forum, as both lines look like they would complement each other. I'm already buying from both companies anyway.

A shared forum like the Forum of Doom in England would keep costs down for both companies and attract a larger audience. I've also suggested this on the Spinespur forum.

Hey! welcome to the forums, glad to see the sets lured you in. We are honestly working quite hard on the game behind the scenes and it's getting closer to a testing phase every day (in fact keep an eye out for it soon).

As for the forums, knowing nathan's tendency toward being a control-aholic, I'd bet he's inclined to keep the wyrd forums seperate, but you never know! :P

Yeah, realistically I like them separated as well, saving costs is nice, but just the headache of powersharing virtual space...can be a pain :(

And this forum is fairly active, I'd of course like to see activity increase a little, but we're getting there and it's certainly a fun place to visit and kill some time!

I have more models than I can paint in a lifetime; the Malifaux game can take all the time it wants. As for shared forum space, I know Bob Mervine is a control-a-holic with his Spinespur game as well, but if four model companies in the U.K. can share one forum, I think two can in the States.

The cool models lured me into Wyrd miniatures; the sets convinced me to buy more!!

yeah, the forum of doom did manage a certain synergy with the companies involved, but to some degree I have to think it's an except to the rule rather than the norm. I mean I have a tough time sharing a parking spot with my renter, let alone anything with creative control involved! :D

But glad we managed to lure you in, and I hope you enjoy the minis. I also always look forward to seeing painted versions and what people can do with them!!

I think that 'control-o-holic' thing maybe a good sign for a creative leader. It just indicates to me they have a vision and want to bring it to bear. I met Mr. Mervine at Gencon, and he really seemed to have a real passion for it. Really nice guy, I thought too!!

I met Nathan once too, but the encounter was dark, sweaty, no words were spoken, and it was over much quicker than planned.....then I never heard from him again....But, today being Valentines day...maybe I'll get some flowers!!

That's some thread jacking that I haven't seen the likes of in a long time! Sa'll good though and you would think between Eric and Jim some folks have a rather distinct impression of me!

I didn't send flowers Jim, but I thought chocolates might go over well ... call me ...

:tj:

In all seriousness though, thanks for the kind words on the forum and the miniatures themselves, hopefully we'll be able to deliver a game that will catch your interest as well.

On sharing of a forum, I have to admit that isn't a high probability as I have spent a considerable amount of time, coding, software purchases (we don't go for the cheap, free and buggy) and finances to get the site and the forums setup where they mesh together as they do and its been a couple of years in the work to get the dynamics that we've put together.

I agree, it could drive business for one or the other, but more to the point, it something that I couldn't easily give up any amount of control or direction over, particularly considering we're doing a complete revamp later this year which, sadly for the pocket book, involves serious coding and artwork to get that 'it' look.

Best,

Nathan

I'm just looking at it from the gamer and mini enthusiast, without the responsibility of running a business. From what I see over on the FOD, it's just a message board where you can check in and see what those four companies are doing, and links to their independent sites.

From what you say, it seems the actual coding, software, and organization are more involved and better left to those who know what they're doing!!

Anyway, it's nice to get a response from a games company, and a warm welcome on their forum. I look forward to seeing what else y'all come up with, and dread seeing my credit card statements!

Cheers.