Site down due to Bandwidth ..

Nathan Caroland

Hey folks,

Sorry about the Wyrd site being down for the day. We generally are on hand for any and all emergencies that might pop up but this was a long weekend for me and I was out of town and I didn't get a heads up about this till I rolled into the door this evening (a day early none-the-less, would have been real bad to have come home Sunday night as we planned).

Anyhow, everything was and is good, just we managed to eat through about 40gigs of bandwidth this month so far, which overall is a good thing as it shows interest and site traffic, and has been steadily on the rise over the last year, but with the showing of the new miniatures, it brought folks out of the woodwork and thus down went the site come Saturday morning.

Server folks are quick to take something down, but not put it back up, even when one carries a hefty credit with them. It's been handled obviously though.

Sorry for the site outage, we'll endeavor to make certain that doesn't happen again.

-

Nathan

Well, you buggers did it again.

Site was down for less than two hours this time, but ya'll managed to eat through the extra bandwidth that I bought onto the site in a little over a 30 hours. Yay ... I think.

Anyhow, obviously the site is back up. Got some phone calls this morning from folks telling me to get my ass out of bed and to make some door knocks on the server and we're back up. I've tossed on a goodly amount of bandwidth this time to get us through the last of this month and if ya'll eat through that I'm just going to upgrade the service on the site completely (this would be the fourth time that we would have had to done that in two years).

Regards,

Nathan

• 3 months later...

Ya'll managed to do it again. Chugged right through triple the amount of bandwidth we've been carrying in the last few months (mainly due to the ezine, etc).

Sorry about the site going down due to bandwidth being exceeded. Every time I figure I've got more than enough, ya'll manage to surprise me each time.