the green dots

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those in the know...

Ok, was going to hand out a compliment to someone today and it told me I cant that I hav to spread the wealth a little before giving this person another compliment. Yes, I gave this person a compliment for something else not too long ago, but...

Anyway, I had a few compliments to hand out anyway, so I went ahead and handed out the ohers and then came back to that one and again it said I can't...

So, question is...

1. Is it a time based thing (i.e. can only give 1 compliment every X number of days type thing) ?

2. Is it a compliment based thing? How many compliments to other people do I have to give before I can give this person another compliment?

Thanks .

Okay, official like, someone remind me if I haven't redone these dots and made a comprehensive posting on the buggers by ... oh .. say the 10th of December. I'm going to redo the whole thing and make it a bit more interesting as well.

Off the top of my head, you can only give out X amount of compliments in ... erm ... time frame I think and you can only give X amount of points to one person in that time. As you get more dots though, you get more points to give out. It's a vicious circle and one that I'll take into hand here soon.

Promise.

Pinky promise.

• 1 month later...

Gone in and done a bit of work on the number needed for dots, etc (essentially halved everything) and will be looking into a way to turn it more into a community builder here in the near future (get certain amount of dots or reputation points, get discount coupons, previews of upcoming releases, early information on upcoming things for Wyrd, special miniatures .. whatever).

Something I've had my eye on for a bit but its time and implementation that I'm working on right now.

Same here...where can you go to see what another user might have said about you & your total points? This is the 1st I've known about this.

If you click on the user Control Panel button, when it brings p the control it has a section titled latest reputation. And that's where the Green Dots come from.