New and shy!

Ayla

Hi all!

I'm not just new here, but very new to painting minis too... caught the bug from my other half- the old 'if you can't beat them, join them' scenario- and discovered I loved it!

So new to it that really I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, still mainly painting his-self's cast offs and 'don't wants' (generally badly and with lots of questions being asked), and saving the odd ones I've bought for myself until I can do a better job than I'm doing now... I have an awful lot to learn, so if it's OK with you guys I'll just lurk around here and see what I can learn from you all!:bounce:

Hi all!

I'm not just new here, but very new to painting minis too... caught the bug from my other half-

Your other half wouldn't happen to be jondalar is it? Seems odd to have two new users with names from the same book series ;)

Go ahead and post some pics! Getting some constructive critism from others can really help you improve, and honestly, we don't bite! (Ok, not much :D)

You're not the only new one here; I only got started with the hobby about 2 months ago. People here are really great and helpful.

So, don't be shy. Post some of your work, ask some questions, or just rant about your day.

Indeed, I've watched how *fantastically* well Hinton here has improved since he started posting minis and asking questions. Makes your jaw drop at how fast and how well he's improving. I don't even know him, but already I'm so proud! :D

So yeah, post your stuff. Ask away - as has been said already, folks here are just great!

Wow! Thanks for the welcome guys! How nice to find such a friendly forum!

When I finally 'finish' anything (have caught bad habits from himself already- got six mini's on the go at the moment!) I will post a pic... and cringe a lot no doubt but I'm sure from the welcome I've recieved you'll critique kindly:)

Your other half wouldn't happen to be jondalar is it? Seems odd to have two new users with names from the same book series ;)

I think he answered that one didn't he?! icon10.gif

Indeed, I've watched how *fantastically* well Hinton here has improved since he started posting minis and asking questions. Makes your jaw drop at how fast and how well he's improving. I don't even know him, but already I'm so proud! :D

So yeah, post your stuff. Ask away - as has been said already, folks here are just great!

@Hinton.... Just searched for some of your pics and I have to say...:You_Rock_

If I thought for one minute I'd be that good in two months, I'd be planning to give up my day job by now! icon12.gif

Aw, thanks, you two.

The only reason that I've shown any improvement is because of really helpful people giving me some great tips and advice.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff, Ayla.

*Edit*: Finally put my gallery up here at Wyrd. The link's in my sig.

Welcome Alya, it's nice to have all skill levels in the forums, I think even the most experienced painters can learn a thing or two just from offering help to those just starting.

And I've always been shy, people often don't believe me, because I tend to forget the fact myself, but I am! promise! :)