Heros

EricJ

I choked and watched S02. I watched the first double episode of the third and said: stop!

So unless I hear it is outstanding, I'm done with Heroes.

To name the thing that bugs me the most: if you use time travel, please be consistent. None of the season premier things would be dramatic if Hiro just started going back to some moments.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really watched any of it but the one I caught the other day the Indian fella now has some super human talents but then started sprouting scales or something sort of like the old file 'The Fly'. What's up with him now?

Parkman, still don't like.

Cheerleader got her head chopped and then put back on by Sylar right?

Oh, and have they ever gone over just exactly WHAT Sylar does to get their powers? Does he just play in their brain or does he eat something or what? I never did figure that out.

Oh, and welcome back Vince, been a long bit. How did the move go?

I haven't really watched any of it but the one I caught the other day the Indian fella now has some super human talents but then started sprouting scales or something sort of like the old file 'The Fly'. What's up with him now?

Parkman, still don't like.

Cheerleader got her head chopped and then put back on by Sylar right?

Oh, and have they ever gone over just exactly WHAT Sylar does to get their powers? Does he just play in their brain or does he eat something or what? I never did figure that out.

Oh, and welcome back Vince, been a long bit. How did the move go?

Welcome back, vince.

Mohinder is just screwed, I think.

The cheerleader did indeed get her head opened up and Sylar took her powers. No, he didn't eat her brain (that was the major theory on how he took the powers of other "heroes"). Apparently he just opens a person's skull and pokes around. After that, he understands how their power works.

[sylar is examining Clair's brain]

Claire: Are you gonna eat it?

Sylar: Eat your brain? Claire, that's disgusting.

So far, the season is looking okay; much better than season 2. Have to wait and see what transpires.

Lets see, Sylar is back to being mid season one personality. He eats powers and that is what he does, but it is not his fault and he is Peters brother and he works for the company now.

Clair, she is bitter that Sylar attacked her and she could not do anything to stop it, so she wears leather and hates Peter in the future, and there is nothing that can kill Clair so now she is more upset.

Peter does not gain powers just by being around people anymore he hast to take it away from them, and now he has Sylars power and is Sylar II. Oh BTW he can be killed now because he forgot he has Clairs powers, I guess that is what happened

Parkman is on a vision quest and it seems all you have to do to paint/see the future is eat some white goop and wear some headphones.

Angela, Peters mom, wants to play mommy with Sylar and is in charge of everything that was the company, but keeps doing stuff that makes no sense but everyone is suppose to accept is for the best.

Mohindar, this is a blatent copy of the fly but he coccons people including the girl from south america.

Hiro wants to be a 'bad guy' so he can figure out who is behind stealing the super power potion. To prove he is a bad guy he stabs Ando to prove to people that already know what he is up to. He also does not trust Ando because in the future he saw Future Ando attack Future Hiro.

Nathan has been influenced by Parkmans father and is back into a political office. He has hooked up with a sister of Nikki, who has powers to freeze people.

and blah, blah, blah.

I guess this would be an ok show if you forgot about the first two seasons, but at the rate this one is circling I doubt there will be many more seasons.

I am not sure about the chick that Mohinder bedded, ATM he has her in a cocoon hanging on his wall in Isaac's studio along with other people that he has captured. I have no clue if she is dead or alive or what she was intending by her first.

I would not mind the 80's storyline with Apocalypse, but they are ignoring everything that happened in earlier seasons on what has already been established. Maybe they should should have considered developing an entire new group of people to base this story around and have it lightly relate to those characters already established. And for god sake they need to give up on the time travel thing, or find one way of making it work and stick with it.

Lets see, Sylar is back to being mid season one personality. He eats powers and that is what he does, but it is not his fault and he is Peters brother and he works for the company now.
okay, the "Sylar, I am your mother" ("nooooooo!") bit was odd and really unbelievable. Heck, the way the company tracks everyone they wouldn't just let one of their own kids be adopted out. Still, I like the idea that Sylar has learned from his absorption of other people and is trying to control his vampiric desires and even wants to make good.

Clair, she is bitter that Sylar attacked her and she could not do anything to stop it, so she wears leather and hates Peter in the future, and there is nothing that can kill Clair so now she is more upset.
She can't feel pain anymore. That could drive you insane I suppose. But if you can't feel pain, what about pleasure? I don't like this turn of events. Interesting that everyone says Clair is "special" and that after taking her powers Sylar can't die - and neither can she or Peter or Adam... only Adam does, so I suspect they all can in the right conditions.

Peter does not gain powers just by being around people anymore he hast to take it away from them, and now he has Sylars power and is Sylar II. Oh BTW he can be killed now because he forgot he has Clairs powers, I guess that is what happened
He doesn't have to take powers from people anymore. He just wants to. I don't get it. I always thought the cure to Sylar would be to give him Peter's powers so he wouldn't have to kill anyone to take their power. Peter now has Sylar's power to understand how things work by looking at them for a few seconds.

Parkman is on a vision quest and it seems all you have to do to paint/see the future is eat some white goop and wear some headphones.
Drugs, just like Isaac used to get high to use his power, so does the African. Apparently he can give them to other high people too. Or at least to Parkman who can get inside the African's head. Speaking of which, why doesn't Parkman like to read minds?

Angela, Peters mom, wants to play mommy with Sylar and is in charge of everything that was the company, but keeps doing stuff that makes no sense but everyone is suppose to accept is for the best.
Yeah, I don't know how the hell this "company" ever hires anybody to do the paperwork etc. Talk about the boss from hell and danger pay.

Mohindar, this is a blatent copy of the fly but he coccons people including the girl from south america.
the Jeff Goldblum version of the Fly mind. As to Maya, from south america, I can't help but shake the feeling they had much more in mind for her in season 2 but got cut short and now they don't know what to do with her so they stuck her to the wall, hoping to come up with something later.

Hiro wants to be a 'bad guy' so he can figure out who is behind stealing the super power potion. To prove he is a bad guy he stabs Ando to prove to people that already know what he is up to. He also does not trust Ando because in the future he saw Future Ando attack Future Hiro.
I thought the stabbing Ando bit was one of the best parts. Good use of timetravel. Good joke about the African precog being one step ahead of Hiro no matter where Hiro goes to change things.

Nathan has been influenced by Parkmans father and is back into a political office.
Nathan is still one of the lamest of the heroes, though his conversion to religious fundamentalism is an interesting twist.

He has hooked up with a sister of Nikki, who has powers to freeze people.
Oh yeah, did we say Nikki was a twin? we meant triplet. And if she dies, we meant quadruplet.... CHEEEEEZE

I guess this would be an ok show if you forgot about the first two seasons, but at the rate this one is circling I doubt there will be many more seasons.
Since it has been so long since I watched an episode I pretty much have forgotten what happened. Heck, I'd totally forgotten Nikki died.

p.s. Thanks for the welcomes. Sadly I did not move and am merely unemployed, still living in Maryland.

Hrmmm, they seem to be re-writing the damn thing in mid swing then. Kind of a let down.

Okay, so what's with the chick that Mohinder bedded that kept saying he was the 'first' which I figured was something along the lines of she couldn't be touched by people or something.

Not sure what you're asking, but in stressful situations she has the tendency to kill everyone around her, so I guess she could have been a virgin. Mohinder has been able to help her control herself better, but she should have killed him when she had the chance.

yeah, as far as I can tell, the episodes so far have basically been redefining all the characters we know, and mashing in about 10 more which is rather uninteresting.

Season 2 had a potential, although was nowhere near as good as season 1, but with the writers strike they totally killed it with the abrupt ending. I really think they should have just left it at a big cliffhanger leading to season 3 and finished that plot properly. As it is, the show is really struggling to get it's legs back under it and "work" again, and I'm not sure if they ever will...which is really too bad, but time will tell I suppose, I'm still watching.

yeah, as far as I can tell, the episodes so far have basically been redefining all the characters we know, and mashing in about 10 more which is rather uninteresting.

That hits it directly no the head, and add that the plot for this season is vague at best. To me the big difference between this season and the first one is the writers are focusing too much on the characters, and not some common event that is effecting them all.

I have just watched the new episode, last night. It was a total groan for me to see Papa Petrelli has powersuck powers. Ok, another dude that can take powers, awesome. Way to go.

Claire has gone to the I'm-an-angsty-teenager-and-I'll-do-what-I-want place and that's lame. Whatever happened to her flying boyfriend?

And now I have a question about Nathan's powers. Wasn't it way back in Season 1 that his power was discovered to be empathic in nature? He had to think about Claire and the emotional state she inspired in him in order to activate her power and regenerate after falling off the building. Whatever happened to that?

What about the girl he stranded in the future? Do we even care about her, anymore? If someone dumped me off in an Orwellian dystopia, I'd be angry.

And so now Sylar has Claire's powers, right? Isn't that what the whole first season revolved around preventing? Lame.

I don't know, I'm not digging it as much as I did the first season.

• 3 months later...