Heros

EricJ

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a digital recorder and have it set to record.

Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I watched the first one in high speed for the most part as I was getting sort of 'bored' with it and the characters already. I know that they have to go ahead and lay it out for you instead of BAM here you go, but at the same time, I kind of like BAM.

Curious about the chick and the mirror. Like the indestructable girl. Flying guys .. meh. Time/Teleport guy .. meh. Visionist ... meh. Is that going to be all the main characters or are they going to introduce others?

Got the second one recorded last night but I haven't gotten around to watching it, and probably won't, for a few more days but I am curious to say the least. I hope it turns out to be well done as frankly, I need a show to interest me these days.

yeah, they are laying the groundwork slowly for the series I must admit. The first episode jumped around a lot, not focusing on one character or plot for long. Not exactly the same "here is a superhero team all set up to go and here is the villan to fight" that we're used to. I keep wondering how/when/why the characters will start to meet and interact. The 2nd episode started laying elements of what looks like a somewhat epic plotline, hinted and characters interacting, and added 1 more hero (the cop who could read minds), as well perhaps some non-hero cop/FBI type characters, as well as hinting at the goal/capabilities of the evil side.

The flying guys are still sort of boring.

Don't tell me anything as I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet - don't get NBC so I have to watch it on-line at the NBC web site.

Doh! I already gleaned from your comments how the second episode begins (or how the 1st ends).

I too skipped ahead a bit in the first episode. I thought the best part was the Indian professor/cabbie. The fact that invulnerablegirl's dad is the guy hunting the Indian guy was pretty cool.

As to the single mom from hell - wouldn't it be cool if she turned out to be the super-villain rather than one of the heroes?

I liked the Japanese guy. The Star Trek references were a little off to the fan/observer, but he's the only one who showed what I thought a realistic take on what getting super powers would be like.

On an FCC note, can you say bitch on TV? I didn't think so, so it was interesting that they were able to show the printed word.

IIRC I've heard bitch said on sitcoms from 8pm onwards, I don't think it's much of a taboo word anymore. I've been watching the DVD of season 2 Grey's Anatomy. Apparently you can say penis every other word on TV if you want, but vagina is still considered quite shocking, and they have had to fight their network to have doctors say the actual medical term instead of a euphanism. Which is sort of funny since full frontal female nudity is considered much less naughty than full frontal male nudity in the movies. So I guess it's fine to say it but not see it when it comes to penises.

(Can't comment on Heroes, we've got it in TiVo and will be watching it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.)

D'oh! I missed it! :doh:

I just got a new VCR and haven't programmed anything into yet. I did catch the 1st episode last week and enjoyed it, though it did jump around alot, trying to cram so much in one episode. Can somebody lend me a copy, or did I not miss anything important this week that I can catch up next week?

Somebody remind me before next Monday!

:doh: (I needed to smack my head again)

Okay, I finally watched it.

good points and bad points. I wish they hadn't pegged the cop the way they did. It was much more interesting when you didn't know if the cop could hear thoughts or if the girl was a telepath.

I also didn't like the Coyote v. Roadrunner moment with the brothers. It was just too campy.

Liked the Japanese guy again. The mom is just weirding me out.

yeah, they definately don't seem in a rush to get anywhere. Was sort of cool getting to know the bad guy a little more, the bad guys seem to be a lot more organized than the good at this point, which doesn't take much.

I am getting a little annoyed at how many ways the invincible girl "accidentally" dies, I mean, how did she ever survive long enough to develop her powers? Although it is interesting that she doesn't heal if there is something still "killing" her, so to speak, kind of limits the power.

The flying guys are still super borring and annoying.

The cop is interesting, I think he has potential.

The asian guys are interesting and funny, glad they're around still.

I am looking forward to seeing how the stripper-mom fits into the whole puzzle.

But yeah, this last episode was a bit slow and didn't feel like it pushed the plot ahead too much, mostly just hinted at it and asked questions as to what was going on...but I have a feeling that's the way the show will keep going. Asking 100's of questions until at the very end we realize there is 1 "shocking" answer to them all. Just a hunch.

Possible Spoilers --

Have the third recorded but haven't gotten to watching it yet but I finally got around to watching the second one the other night.

Brothers are still ... well stupid.

Stripper mom ... hah, I'm seriously interested in her now to be honest, particularly when she comes back and finds her double has cleaned up the place handidly, gotten her a car registered in her name, slapped the bodies into the trunk and directs her out into the desert where there is a shovel waiting for her only to find there is already a body in the ground. Now that I'm curious about.

Cop ... interesting I suppose but I hope he pulled his soft head out of his ass and stops being such a pansy (my take on it)

Cheerleader ... I like her, or atleast the special effects with her and got a tickle out of seeing her neck broken like that only to twist it around. Curious to see where here dad goes with this since he clearly has an agenda involving mutants. Wonder if he is one ... doubt it.

Time/Teleport guy ... that is starting to get a bit interesting for me, particularly when he finds the butchered brainless body of the guy that was seeing the future and then finds out he's five weeks in the future and sees the blast (mutant I'm thinking .. the explosion).

Future Artist guy ... meh ... but I think he's going to get more interesting, particuarly seeing that he was killed and his brain taken.

Silas ... alright, so I don't know anything about him other than he's a serial killer, freezes people and hacks out their brains and then pins a woman to the wall with all sorts of gory objects. NEAT!

Professor ... fella does a good job of it. Me though, I think the girl is a plant to get information and to use him. Just my take on it at the moment.

Now not having seen the third one yet I do have to say that I want more 'action' and bad guys. Curious to see just what the hell is going on with the Dad and this Silas and hoping for a couple of cronies in there somewhere.

Well, you definitely get more action and more of Silas and the Dad. In fact you see a pic of the Dad and though I don't recall his name, he's a recognizable actor so he's bound to be alive still - though I suppose he could just appear in flashbacks.

Mom: I still don't get it. How is being able to kill several people and hide the bodies in the desert a power? And where's her husband? Actually, I'm suspecting that the killer is actually her husband who is somehow possessing her. SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>> The double burried the bodies just where her husband burried his bodies.

Cop: Definitely pulled his head out. I thought his reaction to hearing voices was pretty good, and in this last episode SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>> I love when he asks no questions and just opens fire.

Cheerleader: Yeah, it's gotten old already. How many of her internal organs will we get to see before the season ends? Her "death" seems to be just a plot device to get her out of school.

Japanese guy: Still my favorite. Nothing he has done has felt wrong, and nothing seems overdone. I like how he's brought his friend along - his "english speaking" friend. The language issue will be interesting to deal with.

Artist: I didn't get the ending of the last episode. I thought she took away all of his drugs. Is he able to paint the future without drugs? or did he still have a stash she didn't know about?

Silas seems to have all of the abilities of the others and more, and is hunting them. Oh, and his thinking is apparently backwards. I wonder if he can somehow steal powers.

Indian Prof.: I still like this guy but I am also suspicious of the girl. Also, I think someone is encouraging him to find his dad's formula, with the idea that he'll be able to solve the code.

I think it's moving too slowly for you guys because there are so many story lines going on at the same time that you can't get very far with any one of them. Personally I'm not complaining.

Okay, I really like the twist the "younger flying brother" has taken.

I'm still convinced that the mom is really the mom & dad.

Anyone else have comments?

Yeah me too! I was surprised by the younger brother track it's taking, but I like it.

and I made the same comment to my son about the mom, that maybe the mirror self of her is her dead husband/father of the boy.