Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Hi everyone!

I'm Silent Jet (Jet for short, though real name is James). I live in the Sacramento area (Davis specifically) and have been tooling around with Malifaux for about a month with my Wife (I play Lilith, she plays Kirai). I put off posting until I had a basic army fully painted and was ready to go.

My Wife (we've been married just shy of 2 years) found the website a while ago and we've had several skirmishes against each other. We have our figures ready and have begun making a table with various terrain features (removable of course). We are also really looking forward to trying the Terraclips now that I see they are 3x3 (For some reason I thought they were only 2.5x2.5 *shrug*)

I've been painting figures for over a decade now and this is probably my favorite figure set, as I love the challenges presented with the fine detailing. I have a whole bunch of strategies for various armies that may or may not work at all, and I look forward to destroying/being destroyed by all of you on the field of battle!:bigthumb:

• 2 weeks later...

What's up fellow tabletop geeks. My name is Steve and I have been playing Malifaux for a few months now. I've been playing Warhammer 40k for about 2 years and MTG for longer than I can currently remember. I love painting minis and I am constantly trying to improve my work. I play Outcasts (mainly the Viks but just picked up The Freikorps.) and just started The Guild.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Joe coming over to Malifaux from the GW world, so far I have been playing the Viks, but will probably not be able to keep away from some form of Gremlins for long(played Orks in 40k). Loving the minis and change in mindset when playing Malifaux as compared to 40k.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys and gals, the names dead, ive been around on alot of forums, dakka, TTH, MWG and some other smaller ones. and now here. I have been a 40k play for some years now then moved into Mordhiem and this is where it has taken me. I'm from a small town but has a hidden group of about 13 or so of war-gamers. Im for sunny California and always looking to meet new gamers.

I about to start mailfaux with a lilith crew, but at the time being i have nothing other than the aethervox HA, and they are some great gentlemen.

Any advice for a new play? let me know :D

Hi,

my name is Darko, and I live in Croatia. I am 36 years old, and still play with toys, as some members of my family like to point out.

I started playing AD&D long time ago, played a bit Magic the Gathering (till 3 rd edition), and all that time I was assembling and painting model kits (mostly WWII). Wargaming is not very popular here, so I was blisfully unaware of it.

I got in wargaming by chance. I got Space Wolf trilogy as birthday present, and I quite enjoyed book, so I googled WH40k and found lots of nice figures, which could actualy be played with. I googled more, and found out about Infinity and Malifaux. I was torn at what to start, and than GW did me a favour. Since Croatia is ROW, and there is no shops one can buy their products, I could only get them from their site, with highway robbery prices, I might add.

So I decided to go for Infinity for my SF fix, and Malifaux for my steampunk and, well, wyrd fix.

My Ortega and Lilith crew just arrived (with decks and Rule book), so I think me and my girlfriend will be (hopefully not) first people in Croatia playing Malifaux.

My only problem is I am quite a collector, and I like so meny crews, it really hurts.

Thats all from me for now, I think I ll have a few questions for people in factions forum, mostly which totems are recomended for my crews, as I don t understand their mechanics yet.

Oh, and puppet wars boardgame look so sweet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not one to say much about myself, as a generally don't like to, but I feel it curious to share a little.

Prior to Malifaux, I was an avid TCG player, primarily Magic the Gathering, but also competitive Universal Fighting System (UFS). My first experiences with miniatures were D&D minis as well as Dreamblade, two games I loved, but also lost interest in (prior to both games getting canceled or replaced).

I eventually moved onto Warhammer 40k and would have been content with the exception that one of my friends was looking for a shorter game to play from time to time, one that didn't involve a 100+ miniatures painted and assembled. This particular friend first showed me Malifaux and I knew I liked what I saw given my love of all themes related to Malifaux. I remember especially being enamored by the Death Marshals and their leader :).

Funnily enough, I didn’t go with the Death Marshalls: the friend who got me into the game has pretty much bought every Guild Master and model. My current and only faction is neverborn, specifically the Nephilim. I'm not a fan of all their sculpts (looking at you terror tots), but I like most of them. I also, for what few games I've played, like how they play, which is quite different than the shooty armies I played in 40K.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

my name is Marko and I come from Zagerb, Croatia. I'm 32 years of age (but I'm a kid at heart).

I'm the president of may local gaming club (UMS "Agram") and the best thing we've ever done is in my sig :)

Before I started playing Malifaux, I was into LOTR SBG and Mordheim. I started this hobby about ten years ago through Lord of the Rings and eventually moved onto Mordheim.

As soon as I heard of Malifaux, I fell in love with it! In the past year I collected and painted my Ramos' crew, started on VonSchill, while Seamus and his girls are still waiting for their turn... And I just ordered Puppet Wars..

anyway, that's enough from me...

Names Kumar, Im 27 yrs and I enjoy drawing and Writing. I was introduced into the world of Malifaux by my friend DarcXON.

Recently he lend me the books and I focused on the storyline of Malifaux which I fell in love with. And now I'm in the mood for drawing Malifaux. I have been working on a few things. Still have much much to do but oh well, thats the life on a artist eh?

If you interested in watching my Malifaux work, you can find it here!

P.S. Im still working on these so they have no color yet. But be patient. I'll post them when they're finished k? ^^

The Guild: http://ramuk01.deviantart.com/art/The-Guild-263112468

Resurrectionists: http://ramuk01.deviantart.com/art/Resurrectionists-262839592

Arcanists: http://ramuk01.deviantart.com/art/The-Arcanists-263113066

Freikorps Commando (Request from DarcXON) : http://ramuk01.deviantart.com/art/Freikorps-Commando-262839170

Dottore (Malifaux Inspired) : http://ramuk01.deviantart.com/art/Dottore-262839038

I'm DriftingJester, I'm new to Wyrd product and forums in general, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm looking into opening a FLGS in the next year or so and I'm trying to get a grasp on the miniature market. I was intrigued by Malifaux about 2 years ago but I can't seem to find people to play with. So I'm looking deeper into the game to see if we can support it in the store, and possibly get people involved thru different events and the like. I'm looking to find resources that help me determine the min buy in for a prospect as well as the crunch level of the game. dwnlded the rules from the link to the left earlier, but have not yet read them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Reap. I have (not so) recently acquired an assortment of Malifaux models

I'm currently in the middle of painting up Kirai and some of the Japanese themed models. I suspect that I may have bitten off more than I can chew though

I'm also very interested in Puppet Wars, as what I've seen of the models remind me quite a bit of the Mid-Nor dwarves from Rackham. :)

I don't currently have an internet connection at home, so posting by me will probably be sporadic, at best. My job also keeps me fairly busy, but I do still try to make some time for gaming (and painting), so I'm sure you'll eventually hear from me again. :)

Hi all,

Just getting to grips with these wyrd models Love em. :D

Long time hobbyist and army builder, with a growing family i'm finding myself with less space than i'm used to.

A good friend of mine has had been harping on about this "malifaux" about a year ago and i must say first impressions were good. But like everything else i've only just picked up a rule book read the fluff and was hooked.

More Stories please Wyrd ;)

Well thats enuf about me, See ya online.