Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

Partially to stop the reminder, but mostly to say hello to some friends I see here from elsewhere in this small geek world of miniature gaming...

My name is Aaron and I have been doing mini gaming way too long. I work by day as a lawyer and by night as a dad- sneaking painting and game/campaign design in by candlelight when I can. I have just moved to NW Wisconsin and am looking for others to game with in this area (Eau Claire, Superior, Twin Cities). I play Confrontation, AT43, 40k and Dark Age to name a few.

I noticed the Wyrd booth at GenCon this year and was instantly drawn to the amazing line of minis and look forward to the Malifaux game. My hope is to get involved in playtesting and game mechanics for this new system!

Hello to all of you and keep up the excellent work!

Hey there everyone. Just wanted to say HI. I am a paint chemist by trade and a mini gamer by night. You could if you wanted call me "Mr. Paintminion" as I am her husband. I really liked the mini game at Gen Con and picked up some figs. So now that I am on I am going to have to join in Iron Painter next round just as long as I dont have to go up against my wife. ;) Now to go and look at the other sections.

They're guys, they're not so well known for thinking things through. ;->

Welcome Nightshade!

now now no need for that kind of talk .... bloody sexist if you ask me....

I have it on good authority that Skya cannot paint for tofee and it is in fact Mr Minion who does all her work period .....:tongue2:

welcome to the boards man that would be one great IP match up and a different explanation in the divorce courts...

"well your honour , we were in this competition online ,,, we were paired up against each other and well.. we're usually not competitive but he messed around with my entry the day before the deadline so I shoved his entry where the sun don't shine...Then it got nasty............."

• 2 weeks later...
now now no need for that kind of talk .... bloody sexist if you ask me....

I have it on good authority that Skya cannot paint for tofee and it is in fact Mr Minion who does all her work period .....:tongue2:

welcome to the boards man that would be one great IP match up and a different explanation in the divorce courts...

"well your honour , we were in this competition online ,,, we were paired up against each other and well.. we're usually not competitive but he messed around with my entry the day before the deadline so I shoved his entry where the sun don't shine...Then it got nasty............."

Well of course I cant paint for tofee, tofee is sticky and makes the paint consitency go wierd. Now, why I would go all the way out to the middle of nowhere :P and have Sue's minions paint for me when I have my own perfectly good minions at home I have no idea.

*cracks the whip at the two cats chained to the desk, being forced paint miniatures with their tails*

Skya...a Battle of the Minions...mine vs yours!

And hold on....Nightshade might just paint for toffee...it's his favorite!

Now this week's topics of conversation have been...

"so...what are you painting for Wyrd?"

"Ummm, not sure, what are YOU painting for Wyrd?"

...and classics like...

"Hey, that's MY Perdita! What are you doing?!"

"I could have sworn this one is mine, see, I'm halfway done with the mold lines."

"No, yours is in the blister still, over there in front of the bookcase...or was that one in the cabinet? I can't remember where I put it..."

But seriously, it will soon be 18 years of marriage. We can weather anything. But the price of taking his photos and uploading them just got much much higher. :D

• 9 months later...

Just thought I would introduce myself now that after years of admiring Wyrd figures I hve joined the forum with the intention of getting two starter boxed sets

Either Justice and The Death Marshalls v Seamus and Rotten Belles or Witchhunters v Lilith and Nephilim.

I am currently painting Dr Mc Mourning and companion (given to me). My other current projects include Incursion, Atomic Cafe 57, and Mountain Men (including a scratch built Keelboat -WIP which I will also use as Malifaux scenery!)

Having seen the Gen Con Malifaux board looking forward to building my own.

looking forward to sowing WIP on these forums.

HOW DO I START NEW THREAD CAN'T SEE SUITABLE BUTTON?

I wanted this post as a new thread in the Introductions forums!

Edited by elysium64
anted to ask question

Welcome to Wyrd!

When in the forum you want to post, just click on the button 'New Thread', should do the job for you.

Have tried on tgwo different computers in both cases The New Thread button is not loading, whether it is a fault with my connection or at your end I don't know.

"WELCOME ABOARD! Wyrd IS the way! Have a LONG & MERRY stay! AND I'd LOVE to see your keel boat. Have FUN, Amigo! "

Will post pics as soon as above problem sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm new to Wyrd. However, I've been admiring the models for quite some time. I'm an avid painter and gamer. I'm super excited to see the Malifaux game in action! Feel free to check out my photobucket link and give any feedback you might have.

Cheers!:)

Hello all. I'm new to Wyrd. However, I've been admiring the models for quite some time. I'm an avid painter and gamer. I'm super excited to see the Malifaux game in action! Feel free to check out my photobucket link and give any feedback you might have.

Cheers!:)

Welcome to the fun!

I would love to check the Photobucket link but apparently there is none.