NEWS: New sculpting putty Pro-create

Actually, don't worry about not being a sculptor. If you're interested, you're welcome. I've only been to Gencon once (too far away) but I had the luck that there were two sculptmeets (booking error) and some of us went out for dinner together. The gatherings are as I said informal and sculptors are a friendly and open lot. So my advice, don't be shy and just go there.

It's cool that there will be an official "rep" at the show! I ordered a couple of packs from JVS last week and I'm hoping they will arrive in time for me to pack along to the con.

Sorry you won't be able to make it this time Ming-Hua, I was looking forward to talking shop with you more than we got a chance to at ReaperCon.

@Wren - I dropped in on the meet a couple of years ago (before being a "real sculptor"), and it was very cool! Sandy gave out samples of brownstuff to everyone. It's definitely worth going to meet folks and see what they're working on. Hope to see you there.

For fun. Tom Meier got hold of the putty to try it out. He didn't have much time to test it thoroughly at the moment but he took a bit of time to make something out of it. So he made this little guy. Little guy being awfully litteral.

4mm tall guy out of Pro-create.

LittleGuy.jpg

He only has had very little time to test it. Some comments are over here:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=80439

Basicly he liked it. Especially for the possibility to take fine details (huh, just wait a second, Tom Meier is talking about fine detail? What would he still consider fine detail? ;) ). He just doesn't seem to be sure about the name. :D