Marco Colombo

Pinselknecht

jo hi folks :)

my name is pinselknecht, i am from germany and this is my first post at wyrd-miniatures.

i am glad to be here. Frustrated Father as he is caled at max-paint presented this website to me. wyrd-miniatures is nearely the same as max-paint, so i would be glad if i would see some guys from here at max-paint :)

i am sorry for my bad english...but i hope that there is comunication :)

now back to business :)

i proudly present you my winning mini form witten. with it i achieved the first place in the category "single-miniatures masterclass" and the price "best off show"

it is the special-mini from the gd in spain ´04. everything at the mini was sculpted by me...except of the mini and the barrel :)

i hope you like it :)

pizarro-vorne.jpg

pizarro-oben.jpg

pizarro-schraeg.jpg

pizarro-hinten.jpg

.....for voting: http://www.coolminiornot.com/101570

Hey Pinselknecht, good to see you! I really must make it over to Max Paint more often, its been busy for me of late (its a good place folks, German language for the most part, but they make an attempt to include English speaking folks as well!).

The miniature is very nice - I've been wondering where this one came from and now I know. Very well done, and I like how the base ties everything together. That isn't a calvary base is it? Anyhow, really enjoy the water on it! The colors on the miniature itself are very rich and well done.

Hi and welcome!

I really like this mini! (I think I've seen it somewhere else before, though... Have you posted it elsewhere?) I like the soft, creamy colours and the water is excellent. Is the water medium coloured or did you paint what's underneath the water medium to get that deep blue colour?

Finally a mini which is pointing and actually looks like he has a reason for doing so, the whole scene makes the mind start thinking up a story for it. Just really well done!

Welcome over here, I did look around max-paint a little, mostly because my recent elf got posted over there and I like to see replies :). I just never seem to stick around foreign forums long, the translating through internet always leaves something lacking.

Welcome and congratulations on such a nice work of art :). The composition is well thought out and puts the mini nicely in value. If I can make a suggestion for your next works, I think you should try to add some additionnal pieces of details. For example rust on the iron, dirty pavements, alga in the port water ... just my two euro-cents. Keep up the great work, and I'd like to see more of your work posted here.

thanks a lot for your coments :)

i would be glad to see some of you at max-paint...we are doing our best to write everything in both languages!

the water is from NOCH .... it is a special modell-water.

i painted the ground and put the water over it...it is not extra coloured!

i have used two big bases from freebooter-miniatures. werner kolocke gave them to me for it!

@green-stuff : yes you are right...there is a lack of rust and so on...but there is a reason.

i am painting for different companis like assassin-miniatures, masquerade-miniatures and freebooter-miniatures...al german firms.

and they do not like to have rust on promotion-minis....so i am used to paint very clear and clean.....just for promotion!

i am able to paint rust and so on...but only for gaming minis!

thanks a lot @ all :)

(p.s.: i am sorry for my bad english :) )

yes, just look at it!

there are a couple of good tutorials....some of them are in english too!

and it is good, that my english is good enough to be understand :)

the next time..i think this night...you must know it is 9 a clok in the evening here right now....i will post some more of my minis....and my bases...

i am offering a collection of multi-bases. they can be used for different kinds of tabletop - games and/ore single miniatures!

just look at pk-productions

there will come new bases soon!

i am sorry, my website is only in german. but i am going to build a new one which will be in english too!

yes, and money makes the business....and the quality is the money....

it seems to be a nice community to be right here. i have read some of the posts. there are the same themes like in germany.

i mean the stuff is the same....of course they are :)

i am going to find my part in this forum. but i think i will need some time to get in :)

max-paint from max-paint is here too, isn´t he?

an other nice site:

do anybody know the forum from freebooter-miniatures?

if not, here is the link:

freebooter-forum

there is a guy named steven steine...he is from the states. i know him for about one year...and he is realy cool. he loves to paint freebooter minis.

i do not know if someone of you knows him?!?

i am at freebooter too ... and there as at max-paint, we are going to write the most posts in english as well.

i think some of you could know the owner of the site....werner klocke....he made a lot of minis for reaper!

i can just invite you to freebooter as i did for max-paint!

it is a nice comunity as well!

Welcome! And great stuff. That is a wonderfully painted mini.

I've a question about your user name ...What does that mean? I can't help to think that it is pronounced 'pencil necked'. A term used in the states to describe a nerd, such as 'he is a pencil necked geek!".

I mean no offense at all, just curious about what it means, and how its pronounced.

Welcome to Wyrd, Pinselknecht! I hope you like it here, there's lots of friendly people!

I've been to the Freebooter site but not to the forums. I'll have to check it out sometime.

And just a suggestion, if you ever need something flawlessly translated (like a technical article or something), you could try PM'ing Mosch, he's also a German native and quite fluent in both languages.

@ supervike- A quick trip to Babelfish said his name means "Brush Farmhand" although I don't really know how to pronounce it either!

:wavey:

thank you :)

the name pinselknecht means : Torturer of the Brushes

it is a name given to me from one of my best friends...once he called me so...and after that all my friend called me that!

in german grammer you can splitt the name into two parts:

pinsel % knecht

pinsel = brush

knecht= torturer

brushtorturer if i translate it just ....but i think it is wrong!

to speak it in phonetics i would say:

pinzεl knεxt

if it is right. i hope you can understand it :)

thank you :)

pinsel = brush

knacht= torturer

brushtorturer if i translate it just ....but i think it is wrong!

Nope, :imsorry: not really literary

You took the meaning of "Folterknecht" which indeed means torturer.

A "knecht" is a servant or laborer (menial).

But "torturer of brushes" sounds just better. :thumb: Just keep it.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum

Welcome. Great looking mini. I love the warm colours.

Which miniature convention did you enter it in the competition? Miniatureansichen of this year? That's the only convention I missed so it could explain why I don't recall this one. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered.

And yes I know you from the freebooter forum already (I'm kinda the Freebooter fairy designer girl for a bit)... even though I post and lurk just a little. A lot of German there. I can read it a bit but it makes it harder to follow let alone reply (I definatly don't speak german)

@artshiraz

thanks....so i am the "torturer of brushes"....there is no hope for my brushes :)

@cdukino

nice to meet you....which name do you have at freebooter?

i am at freebooter since a long time :)

did we talk together?

Freebooter fairy designer girl? you designed it?

i cant emagine the picture?

so as you are not able to understand all kinds of german slang i am not able to understand any kind of english slang al well.

i am only able to understand common english...as you lern it at school.

but i will do my very best to understand everything.

if i do not do...i will ask :)

if there are any problems at freebooter...just write me...and i will translate :)

my name is pinselknecht there too!

@pinselknecht:

I'm cdukino there too... In fact I'm cdukino pretty much everywhere.

We didn't really talk together but I remember seeing you avatar on there so I know you posted there and read some of your posts.

About the fairies... I designed both squirrelfairies (the ones with the tails) and did about 5 more drawings for Werner (not all fairies). Also for the bad fairy, but Werner only took inspiration from that one, and didn't copy the design (so it doesn't really look like the concept drawing)

Female: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/c/d/cdukino/squirrel_fairy_female.jpg.html

Male: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/c/d/cdukino/squirrel_faery.jpg.html