Water Wizard

TheMasses

It's a pretty nice paintjob! The wizard looks smooth and has well chosen colours. I think both the green cloth and the skin could be highlighted a bit further whereas the hair is a bit too severely highlighted or possibly too severely shaded (depending on what colour you were going for). The water is a bit too blue I think. I'd have gone for a less saturated look and blended in some green in places, made the water darker near the base and lighter higher up on the wave.

Still, it's nice work and the critique is not meant to be taken too harshly. :)

Welcome to the Wyrd.

I like the colors that you have chosen and I actually like the water (I go for an over the top comic look myself, that's what I call this style) but I think the hair has been too severely highlighted as Anders pointed out above.

Some good work there and the only shortfalls are the miniature itself really. I envision her more as she's keeping her balance, arms out slightly, one before her perhaps, slightly bent at the waist and the knees and her clothing giving her a sense of motion behind her. She seems very stiff - although, I imagine you could put it up to her being a 'haughty sorceress'.