LaeliaJS's Gallery

LaeliaJS

Tiriel is my favorite mini. All three poses. Although I haven't had time to paint the dynamic one yet.

This is a Tiriel I painted when my aunt went into a coma in late July. It's currently at my Uncle's house. It's my first attempt at freehand, my first attempt at NMM, my first attempt at sculpting with greenstuff, and my first attempt at source lighting. Considering how many firsts I had in there, I think it came out pretty good.

tirielfront.jpgtiriel.jpg

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the pictures are a little dark.

Yeah a little... It didn't look right with a white background, so I changed that, but now the mini's 1500 miles away from me, so I can't take any more pictures. I was (and still am) working on how to take decent pictures.

Thanks for the compliments :)

it is definately a neet idea! sort of similar in concept in a lot of ways to my tiriel, she does seem to be asking for a shadow :)

I'll admit it... Your Tiriel inspired her. I stared at your picture of it on CMON for a long long while and seriously considered offering you several hundred dollars for her. Instead, since I'm poor, I painted several of my own. ;)

Kneeling Tiriel:

tirielfrontkneeling.jpgtirielbutterfly.jpgtirielbible.jpg

She was originally going to be fully NMM. For the last shade I grabbed pearl white instead of pure white and went "Oops, that's metallic." but I really liked the effect it made, so I kept using it to flesh out the last layer.

One of these days I'll have to figure out how to use that diffusion box thing so my minis don't cast shadows.