Halloween mInIz!

Celtic Lilly

I am looking for some spooky type of miniatures that I might be able to use for the Rotten Harvest. I have a couple of miniatures, one is a girl sitting on a pumpkin, I think made by erm, Reaper. I don't think I like it though.

Any other good companies out there that have neat halloween stuff? Old miniatures maybe? Didn't one of the old companies do a bunch of halloween stuff at one time?

And I thought this would be appropriate!

::::

Darksome night and shining moon,

Hearken to the witches’ rune.

East then South, West then North,

Hear! Come! I call thee forth!

By all the powers of land and sea,

Be obedient unto me.

Wand and Pentacle and Sword,

Hearken ye unto my word.

Cords and Censer, Scourge and Knife,

Waken all ye into life.

Powers of the witch’s Blade,

Come ye as the charge is made.

Queen of Heaven, Queen of Hell,

Send your aid unto the spell.

Horned Hunter of the night,

Work my will by magic rite.

By all the powers of land and sea,

As I do say, “So mote it be.”

By all the might of moon and sun,

As I do will, it shall be done.

the witch on the pumpkin is defintely a Reaper mini, as for companies with good horror minis (IMO):

Heresy Miniatures - demons, beasties etc

Hasslefree - Zombies, dark elves

Cold War (I think) - Modern Zombies

Reaper - Every category you can think of

Rackham - loads of undead

GW - of course

If you have trouble finding them I will be less lazy and put some links in...

Oooh - I like that little 'Online' thing that lets you know when someone else is on here, lets me know that you are reading or still online!

Thank you! I like the suggestions, and if you have links, all the better!

I haven't heard of RAFM before or seen them in the stores. Do they only sell stuff online? Sounds like they might be worth looking at.

• 2 weeks later...
Oooh - I like that little 'Online' thing that lets you know when someone else is on here, lets me know that you are reading or still online!

Thank you! I like the suggestions, and if you have links, all the better!

I haven't heard of RAFM before or seen them in the stores. Do they only sell stuff online? Sounds like they might be worth looking at.

Linkage:

reaper homepage They have a fig-finder option too: fig finder , that can help you search for creepies... just select a race that's fitting, like vampires, mummies whatever.

Rackham store (good overview of the miniatures they have) THE LIMBO OF ACHERON-fraction has some nice creepy miniatures, but there are some other usefull miniatures around too in other fractions

here is the link to: Fenryll . Those aren't pewter figures but resin, which i think takes some getting used too. I prefer metal myself but there are some nice figs here. For the creeps you have the conveniant categories monsters and undead for instance at the bottom of the page.

The Hasslefree catalogue Zombies and dark elves

Heresy miniatures

Just click on the monster, demon and villans on the left side of the screen to take you to creeps. Some rather big creeps present too

Crocodile games undead... Egyptian flavored mummies

Hopefully these links help.

Cindy

That's a damn good thought Eric - surprised actually now that you mention it that no one has done that. Well, they did once, with the Sophie strattling a pumpkin (which personally I think is one of their better pieces).

Halloween lends itself to so much more if you let it (one of the reasons why I'm excited about the Rotten Harvest contest).