Klute's Gallery

Klute

EDIT NOW THE FULL GALLERY IS UP AND RUNNING I WILL USE THIS THREAD TO POST WORKS IN PROGRESS AND SUCH.

Hi

Just a couple of things to get the ball rolling.

First up is a wip shot of Issabelle from Hasslefree. Just the water to go on.

isawip.jpg

Next is the big cyber dude Ive been sculpting. He is done now and is being sliced up for moulding and hopefully sale. Ive renamed him too.

Kurgan 54mm

kurgan.jpg

kurganback.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I likes!

On the chick on the rock up there, the pebbles or whatnot that you have under the main rock, is that just GS that you rolled and then just cut to make the flat rock look? Either way, she looks damn nice! What are you planning to use for water? Can we get a close up shot of her right breast - looks like you did a bit of freehand work there as a tattoo.

I like Kurgan, great first sculpt. Having him molded and selling him yourself or having someone else do that (feel free to tell me to bugger if its not the time to ask that!)?

Great work.

Cheers Nathan.

The little rocks are GS just like you say. I roll out a suasage and cut lots the same length and then round them in my fingers and press them into place with the wax5. The slight press squashes them into pebbles.

I do this with different thickness suasage to get some size variety.

The tattoo you mention is a freehand all over her back and onto the front. Close up in the final pics.

Im hoping to cast some resin Kurgans myself but open to offers/options of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to resin cast him but its a long "bubbly" process at the moment.

Problem is I dont want to waste too much time on him when I should be practicing more.

CL....this one I used some clear tube carved to fit around the rock to "cast" the water into. The edge came out a bit "foggy".

The Hasslefree girl on the rock looks brilliant. Very smooth skin. She looks so peacefull and in thought, maybe even a tad sad. Great work.

The green looks food to, maybe not my type of miniature but that's not to blame due to the sculpt. Looking very good and I'm intrested to see more of your little green man woman and things :) :thumb:

• 1 month later...

No reason.

I dont see her as bright really. I gave the hockey stick a bright scheme becuase Jess was very muted with earthy leathers. I went to town with the face though to get some colour. Blue eyes and rosey cheeks.

To be honest I dont intentionally try to keep to a certain style. I just paint what I fancy at the time.