Schemes & Stones - Ironsides Crew Spotlight

Khyodee

In your crew review at the start of the episode you were a little off with a couple of abilities.

Amina's trigger doesn't prevent that target from attacking a model with less wounds than than the target. It prevents the target from attacking models that are not at full wounds.

The Automaton's ability doesn't require a model at one Wd to use. The ability can target any friendly model in range for the place. If the target was at 1 Wd they will heal 2 Wds.

4 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Amina's trigger doesn't prevent that target from attacking a model with less wounds than than the target. It prevents the target from attacking models that are not at full wounds.

9eb386287ad612a1659e43076deb5f8f.png

i think their talking about this one. 

8 minutes ago, Thottbot said:

9eb386287ad612a1659e43076deb5f8f.png

i think their talking about this one. 

Pretty sure it was Summons. The way Kyle explained it is exactly what you'd get if the "their" in the last sentence referred to "This model" instead of "target models".

(1) Summons (Ca 6 / Rst: Wp / Rg: 12): Push target enemy its Cg towards this model.
:tome Liability: After succeeding against a non-Master, the target gains the
following Condition until the end of the Turn: "Liable: This model may not
target models that have fewer Wounds than their Wd stat with Actions."

• Agree 1

It's a pitty we did not hear any discussion about Joss. I like him a lot with the mages because of warding runes and the regeneration he gets from the doom ward mage. This combines pretty well with his hard to kill and the reactivate he gets once he's at one wound. Moreover he's m&su and benefits from hpm. Finally armour has become so popular nowadays that he is a natural pick given this context.

It's clear from the podcast that Joss is not an option for @Grrn. I understand that he likes a lot Amina with warding runes. If she is a priority in his crew and should hold warding runes before other henchmen then Joss without warding runes may not be that interesting in the end. Moreover Carlos is a pretty good alternative to be honest. Is this why he does not even look at him?

The games I played with Amina she tends to die pretty quickly. I should definitely get more experience with her and try her also with warding runes.

9 hours ago, Franchute said:

I like him a lot with the mages because of warding runes and the regeneration he gets from the doom ward mage.

I don’t think Doom Ward makes the cut in the lists that were discussed and is typically replaced with Well Rehearsed.

10 hours ago, Franchute said:

The games I played with Amina she tends to die pretty quickly. I should definitely get more experience with her and try her also with warding runes.

I always run her with Warding Runes because her getting lured or placed out of position is the quickest way to neuter her effectiveness.  

• Like 1

I have struggled getting enough work out of Amina for months now, mainly because she dies, and my last few games she has finally done her job. This could be for a variety of reasons.

1) I started taking her in Challenge Aura Ironsides (thanks to this podcast, had never tried Union President before it), which makes her harder to hit
2) I gave her Imbued Protection
3) I gave her warding runes once or twice, and it mattered a whole lot. Zoraida & co. trying to obey/lure amina anywhere with counterspell, warding runes, and a challenge aura to get through is real tough
4) I started focusing on her Injured Workers Act aura, something I had never used before. I was trying to use her (0) actions and Our Claims Extend (which are both still great). Combined with Challenge Aura, it just makes the opponents crew so ineffective

Those that aren't getting production out of Amina, that is what I changed and I've noticed a huge difference. She's pretty much going to be a staple for awhile. 11-12 Stones for a model that drastically affects the game is so much better than 9 stones that dies turn 2

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Those that aren't getting production out of Amina, that is what I changed and I've noticed a huge difference. She's pretty much going to be a staple for awhile. 11-12 Stones for a model that drastically affects the game is so much better than 9 stones that dies turn 2

This may be my problem. 9 stones dying quickly. That's why I turned towards other models. I should try her again maybe with some of the buffs you recommend, at least warding runes.

24 minutes ago, Franchute said:

This may be my problem. 9 stones dying quickly. That's why I turned towards other models. I should try her again maybe with some of the buffs you recommend, at least warding runes.

Definitely worth trying. My last 3 or 4 games with her, she has been the MVP, since she actually stuck around long enough to matter