Monday Preview - Undercover Agent

Nef

Is the new book faction specific or they chose to show the models one by one and begin with Guild?

All the guild models seem focused on supporting nellie, at least in theme. Are the new models a taste of a new direction for guild? A faction with less direct hitters and more subtle gameplay, with conditions like "accused" or "corrupted"? Guild would have a more obvious totalitarist regime overall theme.

I wonder if Wyrd is gonna make some big changes to factions and precisely to faction identities to make things move. Seems like broken promises was the gate to that kind of change.

50 minutes ago, Mikey_C said:

The artwork itself is good, the art direction is.... interesting. 

I think this will be a very polarized preview. 

Whilst  appreciating all the time and development  that goes into this game I have to say that I definitely prefer the dark, Steampunk, gothic horror aspect of the models.....pantomime is funny sure - but doesn't really do it for me...if it turns out ,as it could well do, that these two are an essential part of a crew then I will create proxies....there....sorry...not a fan of the artwork either.....polarised ☹️

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Whilst  appreciating all the time and development  that goes into this game I have to say that I definitely prefer the dark, Steampunk, gothic horror aspect of the models.....pantomime is funny sure - but doesn't really do it for me...if it turns out ,as it could well do, that these two are an essential part of a crew then I will create proxies....there....sorry...not a fan of the artwork either.....polarised ☹️

I agree entirely: although there is ample room for black humour (I prefer Turkish-coffee-black humour), the principal tone should be gothic horror in my opinion. We do after all have a blood-gorged tree whose roots are intertwined with skulls, Coppelius (tearing out children's eyes) and men burnt to death in a grate or eaten alive! My own eccentricities tend to the  ''grymdarkke'' rather than the other way, but yes, v. much a polarising design. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Pikciwok said:

You used to play Gremlins - they've got faction-worth of models in such a bizzare esthetic.

Aye and they should stay the only faction with such esthetic touch as by the fluff they either try to copy human stuff in silly way or invent even more crazy stuff by themselves.

Now it seems gremlin-stupidity infected other factions...  

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Yeah, this is similar to how I feel. I appreciate things like this as alts (like the Easter Viks or Xmas Rasputina) but as core models (non-gremlin of course) I don't like how these mix with the feel of the rest of the game. 

• Agree 3

I'm not sure how I feel about them (and about the last 5 other previews).

I realize that there is/are different artist/s than 3 years ago and I am not saying that the artworks are bad. They aren't! This is good work.

Bit I somehow can't really appreciate the "new" art direction. Maybe it's just my inability to cope with changes but if I compare "old" artwork to the new artowrk I always end up dissapointed. It's all so goofy and feels forced. Out of all the recent previews the only thing I could appreciate was the female huckster, because she is "thicc" as the young people say.

This doesn't feel like the art I fell in love with. Like... gremlins have always been the "funny" faction. Yet it always felt like they take themselves seriously.

These here feel so silly and out of place (Malifaux being the place).

As if they were mocking me.

I kind of hope it's for another IP than Malifaux. But the "M2E" on the bottom of the picture suggests otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1