Schemes & Stones Ramos Crew Spotlight

Khyodee

Interesting ideas in the 'cast. 

Wouldn't the Mages be a better component for the Vox Populi crew though than the Captain and a minion - all three have up to 3 ranged attacks per turn that have an up to 6" push that deals damage as well as pushing into the terrain - and also benefit from activating late in the turn (ie after the strike markers are down) ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, madaxeman said:

Interesting ideas in the 'cast. 

Wouldn't the Mages be a better component for the Vox Populi crew though than the Captain and a minion - all three have up to 3 ranged attacks per turn that have an up to 6" push that deals damage as well as pushing into the terrain - and also benefit from activating late in the turn (ie after the strike markers are down) ?

They would randomize if they shoot in melee though. The captain doesn't.

Not the end of the world if its spiders in the melee... !

Given the strike markers come off once they have dealt any damage at all to anyone, getting multiple attacks might still be worthwhile I'd have thought. Interesting to see what the 'casters think and why Mages weren't on the list maybe? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just used the list but with a well rehearsed cojo. Cojo is much better for this than the bears I think due to his auto push if set up right and all his push triggers if needed on his melee. Admittedly mostly use the ml7 attack then followed up with his 0 but he killed Francisco and a guild investigator and nearly had lady J too

4 hours ago, katadder said:

Just used the list but with a well rehearsed cojo. Cojo is much better for this than the bears I think due to his auto push if set up right and all his push triggers if needed on his melee. Admittedly mostly use the ml7 attack then followed up with his 0 but he killed Francisco and a guild investigator and nearly had lady J too

I think the bears tend to deal more damage, are a bit tankier, and are faster than Cojo. Their push allows the Strike markers to be dropped somewhere that prevents the enemy from closing with you or an objective while Cojo’s push needs the strike markers to be dropped behind the enemy model.

With a 12" drop for markers this isn't difficult and with well rehearsed and the medical automaton he's actually possibly faster. Add in he has a possible 3 pushes with one of them needing no cards I found he was more useful than my bear ( I swapped cojo in for 1 bear so still had 1)

On 7/18/2018 at 4:27 PM, katadder said:

With a 12" drop for markers this isn't difficult and with well rehearsed and the medical automaton he's actually possibly faster. Add in he has a possible 3 pushes with one of them needing no cards I found he was more useful than my bear ( I swapped cojo in for 1 bear so still had 1)

I like the idea of Cojo and a Mauler-

what else- child like in the podcast?

loved this podcast by the way. 

1 hour ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Child is great. He's cheap and for a moderate card puts out 2 more markers that easily do 7 or so damage. I can't think of another model that cheap that can do that

i mean, considering technically you need another component to "deal" the damage it'd say someone that does worse is wendigo ;)

5 minutes ago, Thottbot said:

i mean, considering technically you need another component to "deal" the damage it'd say someone that does worse is wendigo ;)

Fair, I think Wendigo is easily the best Totem in the Arcanist faction. But the child copying strike has a higher damage potential, as long as you have another model to push the enemy around

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Fair, I think Wendigo is easily the best Totem in the Arcanist faction. But the child copying strike has a higher damage potential, as long as you have another model to push the enemy around

i dont wanna be that guy but my rasp friend ate up my fully healthed ironsides so technically wendigo has higher damage potential ;)