Nellie and her mercenaries

Tsyuukii

Hey, so after playing Nellie non-stop for a fair few games and after placing well in a recent tournament I have decided that I know how Nellie works with Guild models and what models I like to use with her, my list is quite similar for a lot of scheme pools and I feel like I'm pretty confident with it so now I am moving onto the mercenary side of Nellie as it really interests me, I wanted to learn her focusing on Guild and now seems like an appropriate time to switch up my lists a bit.

So in this post I am asking:

- What mercenaries do you often take with Nellie?

- What upgrades do you take on said mercenaries?

- Are there any cool Guild and a mercenary or double mercenary combos that work?

Overall it is just asking about what mercs you use and if there are any lists that work quite well including mercs, it'd be fun to try out and from Outcast being my first and biggest faction I feel like it could be a great way to use some models that hardly come out unless I run Outcasts. Also have a few friends with other factions so wouldn't mind borrowing their mercs to try out too.

• Like 3

The common choices are McTavish, Burt, Bishop for the damage output; Big Jake, ronin for the scheme running; performer for the utilities. And our guild has some great upgrade such as debt, LL coat, numb and etc. I believe combinations of above choices can make a good list already.

And I have an not quite usual choice, Hannah. You will love it after you have experienced 8 hands with Hannah and Nellie or Lucius. Thought we do not have many good non-master Ca action to copy with. I always pair her with Phiona for the second stone, or sometime for the placement.

3 hours ago, Rufess said:

And I have an not quite usual choice, Hannah. You will love it after you have experienced 8 hands with Hannah and Nellie or Lucius. Thought we do not have many good non-master Ca action to copy with. I always pair her with Phiona for the second stone, or sometime for the placement.

Hannah and Allison Dade......even more slow. 

8 hours ago, Rufess said:

Often toyed with the idea of throwing Hannah into a Nellie crew, thinking outside the box maybe a Librarian is worth taking a look at.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Meliondor said:

That article was made before the last errata update. Burst, Johan und Mc Cabe got more expensive, Bishop got cheaper.

So I think Johan is no longer an option and Bishop just got better.

well, that is true but there are basically all the mercs he is asking for.

4 hours ago, Meliondor said:

That article was made before the last errata update. Burst, Johan und Mc Cabe got more expensive, Bishop got cheaper.

So I think Johan is no longer an option and Bishop just got better.

Lots of crews were paying that for Johan, so I would not just remove him, but it does lower his value. 

Thanks for all the replies, would like to try out Hannah if I can lend one, got most of the Outcast mercs mentioned and don't usually use Bishop but was thinking of trying him with Nellie before I bought her.

For the question about my list, I usually run

Nellie (4ss cache)

- Guild Funds (1ss)

- Delegation (1ss)

- Misleading Headlines or Editor In Chief (the games I took Editor were trying it out and it was very helpful) (1/2ss)

Phiona Gage (8ss)

- Transparency (1ss)

- Lead Lined Coat (1ss)

The Jury (8ss)

- Lead Lined Coat (1ss)

Peacekeeper (11ss)

- Numb To The World (1ss)

Field Reporter (4ss)

Field Reporter (4ss)

Field Reporter or Watcher (4ss) depends on scheme pool usually

Printing Press (3ss)

I understand completely that this could be changed to be much better than it is but I am also aware that in Malifaux some things work amazingly for some people but work terribly for others, I played this list for a while and it worked well for pretty much every game, will probably only use 1 Field Reporter once I get Allison Dade so that is why she is absent from my lists but 3 Field Reporters has been strangely successful in some games, wouldn't recommend it for every game but as I don't have loads of Guild models I kinda made use of the scheme runners I like. Numb has been questioned on the keeper but it has been useful pretty much every game I've used it and it makes it that bit more durable and useful in a game. LLC makes sense on both the henchmen, as it makes them that bit more survivable and with the small amounts of healing The Jury and Nellie give out LLC becomes that much better when they survive for longer, I have been told about Debt and tried it before but I just forget about the upgrade and end up doing normal damage all game. The 3 Nellie upgrades are really good and usually take Editor In Chief when end game schemes like Take Prisoner are in the pool as like an extra layer of safety for scoring schemes. The Printing Press is pretty much a given, that model is brilliant.

There is definitely room for mercs in my list, thinking of swapping my Peacekeeper for one of the mercs I own, overall it is just trying things out and working around fun and strong lists.

• Like 1