Monday Preview - Newsies

Nef

I'm afraid I haven't got the slightest notion what's going on here (bar ''Oliver Twist/Oliver!'' -- I am notoriously slow on the uptake,), but everyone's obviously having a splendid time. Carry on without me!

I concur entirely (for what my opinion is worth -- on these grounds it is truly worthless!) with Hamelin as the rule-base for an 'Oliver Twist' crew with the Lost as pickpockets, Nancy as the Obedient Wretch (what better way to describe her role), Nix as Bullseye and the rats as...well, rats. Perhaps (I am unfamiliar with the rules) a suitable brute can be added as Bill Sykes. Hamelin's Avatar is eminently suited to be rendered into Fagin if one had the necessary skills.

However, this is a digression! There is a good deal of potential for the unsettling here, even if they are entirely human: it's worth pointing out just how awful the  medical condition of street urchins was in ''our'' 1902 -- a few suitably grotesque and fairly simple conditions include tinea capitis (ringworm), psoriasis, impetigo (treated with gentian violet, a purple wash would suggest it, scabs and sores moreso), lice (hair was often cut short to keep infestation under control, it was by no means uncommon for a child to be ''plastered in'' with goose grease and brown paper over the winter to keep them warm with predictable results with regard to vermin), ulceration to the limbs or a bloody stain of tuberculous mucus on the ground even before we consider mere emaciation. I cannot believe it would be better in Malifaux.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This looks like lego figurines. So far i am not impressed with wave 6, everything is so static and/or ugly that probably i'll just pass. What happened with artists from waves 1-4? or even mfx 1 -1.5? They were so much better.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Flint said:

This looks like lego figurines. So far i am not impressed with wave 6, everything is so static and/or ugly that probably i'll just pass. What happened with artists from waves 1-4? or even mfx 1 -1.5? They were so much better.

It's simple, they left. And Wyrd hired new artists. I'm also not impressed with the new art and design, and preferred the previous imagery, but there's not much we can do about it...apart from not buying. 

I just got the new Adze model, and it's hideous. Had I known it was so bad, I would have left it on the shelf!

• Respectfully Disagree 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, TheSpinebuster said:

Or will they be dualed to 'The Lost' or whatever that orphan-y keyword is? :D

I hope so, I need to spice up my non-rat Hamelin crews, and Iggy and Kade just ain't cutting it.

• Agree 1