Growing Injustice Drawbacks?

Deathinabox

Question

Hey, potential Jack Daw player here. I was wondering if I could get some clarification on the interactions with the new Growing Injustice upgrade. It seems like due to wordings, the upgrades are kinda clunky. Here's the problems 1. Sin Eater allows Daw to pull his upgrades off nearby models, but only if he started the game with them. So the new upgrade can't be pulled off? 2. Remember Injustice has the same restrictions. 3. The cursed upgrades themselves specify that if the model with them gets killed, they go back to the model that purchased them. As Daw didn't technically purchase them he wouldn't be able to reattach them from this ability. Basically it seems like any new upgrades you gain from Growing Injustice can't be put back on Daw once they're used and just kinda need to be turned into Guilty to regain the upgrade. Is this an accurate reading of the card? or am I misunderstanding something?

2 answers to this question

A strict rules-as-written interpretation would agree with your conclusion.

I wouldn't have any problems with playing it as though they could be pulled back onto Jack Daw. His abilities were written before Growing Injustice was designed. However, if I was a TO, I would probably rule that only those upgrades which started on Jack Daw could be pulled back to him by Remember Injustice and the Cursed upgrades' text.