Jump to content
Impact UK

Lucius & His Must Have Mimic

Recommended Posts

So I have been playing a bit of Lucius in Guild and throw it would be nice to through in a couple of out of faction Mimic’s into the lists just for fun (ok maybe that’s a bit of a lie, probably looking more for models that look cool).

Obviously you have the Doppelganger but I am rather underwhelmed with the model (any cool ideas on how to kit bash this would be appreciated) so what other things go well with the masked man.


  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Graves and Mr Tannen are a fun pair. They look decent and work well together (but aren't required to be near each other - their triggers do the work). Mr Graves can be lethal with Debt To The Guild, and his Ruthless ability doesn't prevent Lucius from ordering him around outside his activation.

Besides, who doesn't think Lucius looks good with a fence post-wielding bodyguard?

I don't mind taking a Terracotta Warrior with him, but I think it's probably better in Neverborn Lucius. You might also consider taking Ferdinand Vogel, although he doesn't benefit from Lucius's aura when he turns into a werewolf. Still, he looks cool...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must have? None.  But if I had to rank them for him...

1.  TC warrior- protect that thrall, switch off surprisingly loyal for something useful.

2. Beckoner- lures are good, kiting lures are better.

3. Changelings- lots of weird jank possible with these guys

4.Graves-that push is really nice and there's not a better mimic beater to get Lucius's plus flips.  Likes being protected by a TC warrior.

5. Tannen- interesting control model, the third floor wars post on it said it better than I can.

6. Doppel- I know she does a lot, but I find her to eat cards badly, and Lucius needs his cards.

7. Vogel- another interesting piece.  If he stayed a mimic when he switched off id be more interested.  Don't bother without jury. Durable against bad opponents.

8.  Candy- I've never made her work for Lucius.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Haagrum said:

Mr Graves and Mr Tannen are a fun pair.

See that the sort of reason why I asked this question, I will look into these.

17 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Must have? None.  But if I had to rank them for him...

1.  TC warrior- protect that thrall, switch off surprisingly loyal for something useful.

2. Beckoner- lures are good, kiting lures are better.

3. Changelings- lots of weird jank possible with these guys

4.Graves-that push is really nice and there's not a better mimic beater to get Lucius's plus flips.  Likes being protected by a TC warrior.

5. Tannen- interesting control model, the third floor wars post on it said it better than I can.

6. Doppel- I know she does a lot, but I find her to eat cards badly, and Lucius needs his cards.

7. Vogel- another interesting piece.  If he stayed a mimic when he switched off id be more interested.  Don't bother without jury. Durable against bad opponents.

8.  Candy- I've never made her work for Lucius.

 

Cheers, though you have made me want to get my hands on a model for Candy now (no one would ever expect her to turn up in a guild list).

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have run lawyers with him with success but usually they just don't make the cut......my problem with most of the mimics is that I have to drop something "essential" to fit them in- if I am going to take a beater (Grave, Vogel) then I have to drop something like a Thrall to fit it in and don't think it is usually worth the trade-off. Additionally for a number of them (Graves, Tannen, Doppleganger) you lose the ability to Issue Command since they aren't minions. 

Typically if I run mimics with him it's when I play Lucius as Neverborn and can't get Thralls and either Frank or Phiona. Usually I run one Henchman with him in Guild (Frank/Phiona/Allison Dade) and everything else is Minions so I have maximum flexibility in how/where I use Issue Command and I try to build the synergy between choices. When I look at the options available by taking mimics form other factions some of them might look good in isolation compared to some of our choices but when I look at the overall interaction in the crew and things like the ability of the Thralls to auto-pass horror duels (Commanding Presence), get an extra attack when a marker is dropped near them (which can be a by product of What Lackeys Are For or Phiona w/Transparency , which in turn also lets the Investigator do her thing and gives a push and a card I just don't see the trade-off being worth it.

About the only exception is the Doppleganger. The ability to control initiative can be priceless. When I take her then I am apt to try to fit in the Terracotta as well to protect the Thralls, switch out Surprisingly Loyal for another upgrade (Secret Objectives early and then Legalese later) but generally I just stay Guild pure if I m running him as Guild. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

 

About the only exception is the Doppleganger. The ability to control initiative can be priceless. When I take her then I am apt to try to fit in the Terracotta as well to protect the Thralls, switch out Surprisingly Loyal for another upgrade (Secret Objectives early and then Legalese later) but generally I just stay Guild pure if I m running him as Guild. 

That card cost though.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

That card cost though.  

that's why I pretty much only run her with Lucius in Neverborn- the Primordial Magic, Thousand Faces/Pact/Terracotta, Lelu w/Satisfying Punishment, and Thorn (the Queen's Spies) help offset that. 

 

Generally though I prefer to run him in Guild without any of the mimics from other factions. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

 

Generally though I prefer to run him in Guild without any of the mimics from other factions. 

For me it largely depends on the schemes/strats.  For ply, ours, and murder I prefer no mimics and run double thrall double monster hunters.  For symbols I like a beckoner and a doppel to do a kiting move to get the doppel to a marker early turn 2.  

When I run Lucius in NB I often don't even run mimics, or if I do it's just TC and beckoners.  I like nekima, rougarou, and bulltigan too much to usually have room for such things.  I might bring over mounted guard, investigators, or Pathfinder though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 3:25 AM, thewrathchilde said:

I have run lawyers with him with success but usually they just don't make the cut......my problem with most of the mimics is that I have to drop something "essential" to fit them in- if I am going to take a beater (Grave, Vogel) then I have to drop something like a Thrall to fit it in and don't think it is usually worth the trade-off. Additionally for a number of them (Graves, Tannen, Doppleganger) you lose the ability to Issue Command since they aren't minions. 

Typically if I run mimics with him it's when I play Lucius as Neverborn and can't get Thralls and either Frank or Phiona. Usually I run one Henchman with him in Guild (Frank/Phiona/Allison Dade) and everything else is Minions so I have maximum flexibility in how/where I use Issue Command and I try to build the synergy between choices. When I look at the options available by taking mimics form other factions some of them might look good in isolation compared to some of our choices but when I look at the overall interaction in the crew and things like the ability of the Thralls to auto-pass horror duels (Commanding Presence), get an extra attack when a marker is dropped near them (which can be a by product of What Lackeys Are For or Phiona w/Transparency , which in turn also lets the Investigator do her thing and gives a push and a card I just don't see the trade-off being worth it.

About the only exception is the Doppleganger. The ability to control initiative can be priceless. When I take her then I am apt to try to fit in the Terracotta as well to protect the Thralls, switch out Surprisingly Loyal for another upgrade (Secret Objectives early and then Legalese later) but generally I just stay Guild pure if I m running him as Guild. 

Well I was not thinking tournament lists but something you drop on the table on a game night to mess with people.  Though it is hard to disagree with everything you said.  I am however going to look into that Terracotta/Thralls combination (why not give people another reason to hate me LoL).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×