Sign in to follow this  
Wurz_7

Reva for a new Resser

Hi there

I have a CHANCE and just that, of getting the Reva box from my local store. I play Von Schill for the outcast and just that, so I have a nice roster of mercs (the basic box plus strongarm, hans, hannah, and Anna. 

Since I already have Anna Lovelace, I would really thanks an advice about Reva as a new master for ressers, and if someone have an idea or experience using Anna and other mercs with this crew.

• Like 1

Stand-alone, Reva is a pretty good master to start with, but her box does not bring anything spectacular (nor horrible either) beside her.

As for mercenaries, Sue is a constant component of many competitive Reva lists here in Poland, but that means you want to take also a single Kentauroi to deliver him to the battlefield. I guess that combining Trapper with Bete Noir (which you may eventually want to play anyway) can also work pretty well.

• Agree 1

I always bring Asura so Reva can attack in the First round. Also belles are very handy.

What does Sue bring to the crew besides being a good Modell overall? I also can't See the synergy between bete and trapper. Could you enlighten me?

4 minutes ago, McSkip said:

What does Sue bring to the crew besides being a good Modell overall?

Nothing in terms of synergy. Being good is usually enough for a model to make a cut in Reva's crew.

6 minutes ago, McSkip said:

I also can't See the synergy between bete and trapper

Trapper (or Hans) can sometimes provide you with another opportunity to pop Bete out in the midst of opponent's crew on turn one.

54 minutes ago, Franchute said:

@thatlatinspeakingguy I guess Ana Lovelace---who he already owns---could play a similar role as Sue. What do you think?

Anyway Ive kept telling @Wurz_7 he should acquire Sue for his outcast collection 😀

and I will definitely buy him in the future

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Franchute said:

I guess Ana Lovelace---who he already owns---could play a similar role as Sue. What do you think?

In some way similar (card cycle is almost like a card draw, min 3 damage is almost like a built-in critical strike), but in some way different. I think Sue is better on average, although Anna's anti-push aura can be pretty handy in some matchups.

Do not forget that Anna can summon mindless zombies in base contact with her victims, giving Reva a new point from which can attack

• Like 1

Anna seems more resistant though: def 6, armor, henchman, 1 more wound.

She also has a better Ca, though I could see the argument that Sh5 with positive flips is better because it generates more card cycling and potentially draw more cards from your opponent (he will have to cheat more often without you having to cheat).