Reva for a new Resser

Wurz_7

Hi there

I have a CHANCE and just that, of getting the Reva box from my local store. I play Von Schill for the outcast and just that, so I have a nice roster of mercs (the basic box plus strongarm, hans, hannah, and Anna. 

Since I already have Anna Lovelace, I would really thanks an advice about Reva as a new master for ressers, and if someone have an idea or experience using Anna and other mercs with this crew.

• Like 1

Stand-alone, Reva is a pretty good master to start with, but her box does not bring anything spectacular (nor horrible either) beside her.

As for mercenaries, Sue is a constant component of many competitive Reva lists here in Poland, but that means you want to take also a single Kentauroi to deliver him to the battlefield. I guess that combining Trapper with Bete Noir (which you may eventually want to play anyway) can also work pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, McSkip said:

What does Sue bring to the crew besides being a good Modell overall?

Nothing in terms of synergy. Being good is usually enough for a model to make a cut in Reva's crew.

6 minutes ago, McSkip said:

I also can't See the synergy between bete and trapper

Trapper (or Hans) can sometimes provide you with another opportunity to pop Bete out in the midst of opponent's crew on turn one.

18 hours ago, Franchute said:

I guess Ana Lovelace---who he already owns---could play a similar role as Sue. What do you think?

In some way similar (card cycle is almost like a card draw, min 3 damage is almost like a built-in critical strike), but in some way different. I think Sue is better on average, although Anna's anti-push aura can be pretty handy in some matchups.

Anna seems more resistant though: def 6, armor, henchman, 1 more wound.

She also has a better Ca, though I could see the argument that Sh5 with positive flips is better because it generates more card cycling and potentially draw more cards from your opponent (he will have to cheat more often without you having to cheat).

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the general upgrades? If you are missing General Upgrades 1 and 2 then I would strongly recommend buying them.

You can probably wait for Broken Promises upgrades until you've played her a few times. They can change how you use her, but she can do fine without them. If you already own them (because you bought the box for Von Schill) then feel free to try them.

Unless you're asking what Upgrades you should always put on her, in which case my answer would be It depends on what you want to do with her (although the no soulstone prevention/damage reduction combination thatlatinspeakingguy talks about is common, its not the only way to play her).

I can certainly see some interest In the general upgrades of Muhuahua to summon Zombies from corpses, or Corpse Bloat to blow up corpses.

Other than the before mentioned "no dmg reduction upgrades" I really like her Blood Mark upgrade. For 1Ap you can push another friendly model and when its a revenant or spirit, the pushed modell can make a 0AP action. So for example first round when no corpse markers are in range of enemy modells you can summon a candle, push it, let it kill itself, lay a corpse marker and make 2 attacks at 18".

Or you can go nuts with lampads ;)

Oh and ty for the tip with bete, she alone won me my first game last tournament by holding 3 key models of the opponent in place. Its ridiculous how often she comes again when you have 1 candle and some zombie summoning and you have the cards in hand to get her back!

@thatlatinspeakingguy

13 minutes ago, Wurz_7 said:

I was talking about that, but all the info will be very usefull

How the "lamptards" mechanic works?

Lampads and Blood Mark play very well together because Reva can push the Lampad 5 inches, then it can push itself 6 more inches and light a bunch of stuff on fire.

In theory, Reva can light more stuff on fire with one of her new upgrades, but I haven't tried that one yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1