Jump to content
Ursah

Zoraida Must Buy Models

Recommended Posts

I, personally, would start with the following:

  • Will o' the Wisps - They are practically Errata in the form of models. Will o' the Wisps allow Zoraida to use her AP on other (more fun) things than summoning Voodoo Doll. I play two in basicaly all my games.
  • Iggy - You need a model that applies Conditions to the Voodoo Doll.
  • Waldgeists - Very durable models. Though Armor isn't as potent as it used to be.

Those would be my first purchases :)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about Waldgeists.

Wisp and Iggy are fine, and I will add to them Doppleganger (a must-have model for nearly every Neverborn master) and Nurse (Ressurectionists model, taken as merc) - the best condition placer ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have an idea on how you want to play Zoraida? or what you want to achieve with her? What models you want kinda depend on that.

Here are some general things:

-Will o' the Wisps: allow you to summon voodoo dolls without using Zoraida's AP

-Condition adding models: Iggy and Nurses are popular, but really any would do. If you can think of some unusual ones you can catch your opponent offguard, nurse heartsbane has some nice conditions, a sorrow can paralyse ( has a 2ap ability, which Will of the wisps can use as well ).

-Swampfiends: You can build around Swampfiends, zoraida can hire gremlin swampfiends into Neverborn with an upgrade. McTavish has a nice bonus for swampfiends ( which zoraida is ), If you plan to use Bad Juju, having swampfiends is nice, the popular ones are : will of the wisp, waldgeist, gupps. but others include McTavish, Bayou Gators, Silurid, Wild boars ( which gain :+flipoutside of activation ), Swampmother (which can charge a model who kills a friendly swampfiend).

-Models that you want to gain extra AP out of: Typically Beaters and High SS models. Using Obey, you can have your beater make more attacks, or move/charge him up, so he can do more. Often i'll have Bad Juju be my beater, and I'll have him charge a model, and when he activates, i'll have him Flury, which ends up being 5 attacks, for 3 ap. I've had a game where my sniper (Rami LaCroix) didn't have any targets, so on his turn i had him Focus twice, and then I had Zoraida obey him to shoot someone when that was possible later. Some models have great (1) Ap abilities, and only 2 Ap to spend, having zoraida move them, or obey them into taking more actions can also be helpful.

-Any model that can give her mobility: Zoraida has a decent walk of 5", and an upgrade that lets her place 15" away for 2 Ap, but anything that lets her not have to spend her AP on mobility, and on her other useful actions instead is wonderful, a model with lure can push/move her, Mr graves and Dr Grimwell can push her too. These aren't as important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wafew said:

Do you have an idea on how you want to play Zoraida? or what you want to achieve with her? What models you want kinda depend on that.

Here are some general things:

-Will o' the Wisps: allow you to summon voodoo dolls without using Zoraida's AP

-Condition adding models: Iggy and Nurses are popular, but really any would do. If you can think of some unusual ones you can catch your opponent offguard, nurse heartsbane has some nice conditions, a sorrow can paralyse ( has a 2ap ability, which Will of the wisps can use as well ).

-Swampfiends: You can build around Swampfiends, zoraida can hire gremlin swampfiends into Neverborn with an upgrade. McTavish has a nice bonus for swampfiends ( which zoraida is ), If you plan to use Bad Juju, having swampfiends is nice, the popular ones are : will of the wisp, waldgeist, gupps. but others include McTavish, Bayou Gators, Silurid, Wild boars ( which gain :+flipoutside of activation ), Swampmother (which can charge a model who kills a friendly swampfiend).

-Models that you want to gain extra AP out of: Typically Beaters and High SS models. Using Obey, you can have your beater make more attacks, or move/charge him up, so he can do more. Often i'll have Bad Juju be my beater, and I'll have him charge a model, and when he activates, i'll have him Flury, which ends up being 5 attacks, for 3 ap. I've had a game where my sniper (Rami LaCroix) didn't have any targets, so on his turn i had him Focus twice, and then I had Zoraida obey him to shoot someone when that was possible later. Some models have great (1) Ap abilities, and only 2 Ap to spend, having zoraida move them, or obey them into taking more actions can also be helpful.

-Any model that can give her mobility: Zoraida has a decent walk of 5", and an upgrade that lets her place 15" away for 2 Ap, but anything that lets her not have to spend her AP on mobility, and on her other useful actions instead is wonderful, a model with lure can push/move her, Mr graves and Dr Grimwell can push her too. These aren't as important.

Hey thanks a lot for your response, i was moslty thinking in playing her with gremlins/swampfiends, i heard that she's not that good as a full gremlin master so I'm going to go with neverborn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ursah said:

Hey thanks a lot for your response, i was moslty thinking in playing her with gremlins/swampfiends, i heard that she's not that good as a full gremlin master so I'm going to go with neverborn

No problem. play her as a Gremlin, find out for yourself if you don't like it that way, I enjoy her in both factions.

As a gremlin, you can still hire swampfiends ( will o the wisps are swampfiends ), she can still get iggy ( wp 4) and nurses. you have access to more than 2 non-swampfiend gremlins, plus those who have more than 4wp, including Sammy Lacroix, who is amazing with Zoraida, she can hold one of Zoraida's upgrades, and has an ability to cycle a card when another model draws one ( zoraida has an upgrade to draw one for free every turn), Gremlin has a lot of pig models, which can charge for 1 ap, wave 5 released a model with a "gatreaux baukor" or something,. that synergizes with swampfiends, moon shinobi turn :-flipinto :+flip, which make them good at beating voodoo dolls. and they have more.

However, bad Juju can't become eternal, will o the wisps' 2ap as a 1ap only work on neverborn models, and you need an upgrade to carry neverborn swampfiends over. You also don't have access to a lot of neverborn models.

Gremlin Zoraida isn't as bad as people say, It's maybe a lil harder to play her as a gremlin, but she still has a lot of options, the important models can still be hired there. If you care about following the meta, and what's best, then you might want to play Neverorn, but I find them both fun and viable, and I think people who make the metas, tend to just find something that works great and not look too much further, so the meta probably isn't going to be for gremlin Zoraida, unless they find a model there that makes her super strong. </opinion>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, wafew said:

, a sorrow can paralyse ( has a 2ap ability, which Will of the wisps can use as well ).

Sorrow's 2-ap action is an Attack, while Wisps are restricted to Tactical actions only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Domin said:

 

Sorrow's 2-ap action is an Attack, while Wisps are restricted to Tactical actions only. 

Than kyou! I keep forgetting that.

you can still use the sorrow for a TN-less paralyse, you just can't have your WotW do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to get the most out of her with gremlin models you want pigs and a hog whisperer as reactivating 1pt charge pigs in a crew with obey is horrible to deal with.

Lenny is also mildly entertaining and can do interesting things to the vodoo doll.

Outside of gremlins you were looking at swampfiends.

If you are picking up whisps i strongly suggest the spawn mother and extra gupps.

Gators are interesting but very situational.

Wild boars are now worth taking if you run powerful command.

Waldgiest can be great for holding lines, preventing interacts, add a couple of interesting and abusable conditions to the doll and can create cover, they become more interesting with McTavish.

McTavish though expensive will work well with a swarm them build or a juju bomb through an expendable gupp or even a third wisp.

Fears given form also makes him interesting as does mimics blessing.

Fears given form on two semi stationary pieces in great in a doll summoning list but will hinder a condition spam list.

I tried the first mate at a recent tournament, he was interesting but the jury is still out on that one.

 

If you are going for a condition spam list you are looking for paralyze, slow, -until end of game-, burning, posion, -cannot interact-, -stat reduction- 

Probably in that order.

Paralyze being the most important you will need a few of these options in your mix.

Nurse,juju,gator(not from an obey)anything that can cause horror duels from an attack (weaver-mainly for needle work society) piggapult (in gremlins) first mate and probably half a dozen more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to play Gremlin Zoraida, and you have Nurses, you might consider a few Moon Shinobi as well. Nurses have a ranged Ca that give a model Armour +2 and :-flipflips on all duels (which become :+flipflips on all duels for Moon Shinobi).

Just a thought. Drunken Gremlin ninjas need their supporters, too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×