Sign in to follow this  
AK1979

Improved Harness (1ss) - hoffman upgrade

Question

Played a game yesterday against Arcanist and came across a question:

The December Acolyte ability  (taken from Pull my finger):

the Acolyte has a 1 AP tactical action to cause enemy models within aura 6 to lose Armor and Hard to Wound until the end of the turn. This aura allows you to put it up, and then have multiple models take advantage of it! It is particularly good against Arcanist Constructs with all their armor, and Ressers with all their Hard to Wound.

So how does this work with the upgrade, does it  remove the armor (upgrade states it can not be ignored)  or does the upgrade prevent it being removed. 

We ruled it so it was ignored but just want to make sure I got it correct.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

While the enemy model is in :aura6 of the Acoylte, when attacked they lose the armor and hard to wound.    

They only lose it during a attack when they are 6” and Los of the Acoylite.  When not being attacked they have armor and hard to wound.  So other damage outside the action will be reduced by armor.  Example Explosive demise on Ice Golem. The armor will stop some of that damage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AK1979 said:

So how does this work with the upgrade, does it  remove the armor (upgrade states it can not be ignored)  or does the upgrade prevent it being removed. 

We ruled it so it was ignored but just want to make sure I got it correct.

It sounds like you played it correctly. The Acolyte's ability removes the Armor ability or condition from the target for the duration of the attack so there is no Armor on the model for Hoffman's ability to interact with.

• Thanks 1