Bone Piles?

Clement

Aside from being torture to paint for me, I've found them to be interesting choices.  Their garbage df and Wp had me worried, but their bag of bones ability makes them weirdly tanky.

For the record, I was running them in a Reva list, which if not their absolute best master choice, is certainly right up there.

What's everyone else's experience with them?

P.S.  I also find it odd that due to Bag of Bones, I don't really like them in a Nico list in any capacity.  Fast is too much of my Nico game I guess.

I don't have any experience with them but would also be interested in hearing what people think. At a first glance they seemed meh to me but Give up the Ghost seems like a good way of getting a model where it needs to be to score strats and schemes on the following turn. There's the obvious benefit they have in Ours. I might try a couple of games proxying them before buying to see if I like them

He is definitely just an alternate scheme runner to counter the necropunk. While a little less mobile without a corpse marker, I definitely prefer him over the NP. More wounds, pile of bones and he can counter another scheme runner setup on the otherside of the table much better. 

I have a limited experience in all the various masters but I don't see him really being used in Seamus or Nicodem. Nico has much better pick options in the 10 SS range and you wouldn't hire him in ours because he needs all the support models to function.

Reva is the only place I realistically see this being used due to her corpse marker placements. Ours is a guarantee but ply, shed blood and symbols aren't too bad. 

Ours - Obvious, just sit him in a corner as a 12 point model and be really annoying, if they get too aggressive on him, just use his 2 action to pop up somewhere else.
Ply/Shed - He counts as two models so if he has one of those conditions, he is 2 of that making him extremely valuable. His Sh with a focus shot can easily kill something to give him the shed blood condition.
Symbols - I haven't tried him in this but I could see the merit. Place your first corpse candle near an outlying symbol and then have him pop up next to it at the end of turn 1 and pick it up on turn 2. My reva list is slow moving in the beginning so this definitely could be a way to get around this.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Ply/Shed - He counts as two models so if he has one of those conditions, he is 2 of that making him extremely valuable. His Sh with a focus shot can easily kill something to give him the shed blood condition.

Based on the March FAQ, this doesn't work.  At least not fully.   The "second model" doesn't have the condition.

Though now that I think about it, the whole thing wouldn't fly because Ply for Information and Shed Blood are both "Non-scheme conditions" so the Bone Pile is immune to them, right?

1 hour ago, Clement said:

Based on the March FAQ, this doesn't work.  At least not fully.   The "second model" doesn't have the condition.

Ahh, I forgot about that. Then he is useless in those!

I was just about to come back and argue of course he isn't immune to those but those are strategy conditions not scheme conditions. I don't see any schemes that use conditions unless i'm missing something.

2 hours ago, Pergli said:

Ahh, I forgot about that. Then he is useless in those! 

I was just about to come back and argue of course he isn't immune to those but those are strategy conditions not scheme conditions. I don't see any schemes that use conditions unless i'm missing something.

Maybe not in gg18, didn't bother to check, but at least core rulebook and I think some earlier gg uses conditions (for ex. "Cursed Object").