Why are the riot breaker's models so darn expensive?

4thstringer

It is quite strange. At first I thought there would be two models in the box, in which case the price would make perfect sense. But the box certainly looks like it only contains one. And then I thought that the model might be really large, but looking at the pose and the 40mm base size it should be about the same size as the Warden. Perhaps a little bit shorter but more bulky. 

The only thing that makes sense to me is all those large plates of shield and back and the long gun have made it take up more physical space on a sprue so it must be cast one at a time and on a slightly longer sprue. Which I couldn’t see from the artwork (I also thought ‘big warden’ not ‘baby peacekeeper’), but then I am still not loaded with sprue experience.

Maybe initially they wanted it to be one per box and they have already printed boxes with one of them displayed, but in the meanwhile they have changed their mind. That's what happened with Kentauroi: I have a box with two on the picture, but the box contained three of them, whereas currently there's a new box with all three of them in the front picture.

1 minute ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Maybe initially they wanted it to be one per box and they have already printed boxes with one of them displayed, but in the meanwhile they have changed their mind. That's what happened with Kentauroi: I have a box with two on the picture, but the box contained three of them, whereas currently there's a new box with all three of them in the front picture.

Oooh, crossing my fingers :-)

37 minutes ago, Tris said:

Do you find them so expensive?

Tjey are not cheap by any means, but 25 Dollar /20 - euro is not one of the most expensive models Malifaux has to offer 😛

Its hard to justify it at that price per model for one 6 ss model.  Especially since when I run one of these, I often run them in pairs.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Its hard to justify it at that price per model for one 6 ss model.  Especially since when I run one of these, I often run them in pairs.

Could've been worse - look at the Grootslang ;)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1