some ideas for new gremlin models

green-n-dumb

Hello!
While playing gremlins i got some ideas for new models that i want to share with you.
Don't think they are super or will be read by Wyrd (as far i know Wyrd dont use fans concepts) but it can be some fun.
May be you want to share your concepts or vision of models too.

So first idea - Bayou Knights crew bow looking like medieval knight order of Bayou with mix of heavy knights armor and Gracie-like armor.
The main idea of box is pure melee crew that won't play carefully like Mah's gameplay but will be straifghtforward running to enemy and charging them them like Toni or Viks.

Also have idea for leader of the crew to work with his lmited upgrades which he can attach as casting (0) or just attach when hiring to bayou-gators, rooster riders and war pigs and ignore all uprgrades restrict.
The upgrades will fix bad sides of gators, roosters and warpigs givind them surviveability/boost/armor and saying thet it becoming part of chivaliry knight order. Also it would be nice idea for gators/rooster nightmare version with armored gremlin riders on them.

Second idea - gremlin Darwinist/Scientist/Evolutionist. He found book with works of Darwin and get it wrong.
7-9ss very squishy model with (2) tactical action: Sacrifice friendly model in 6' and summon friendly model with ss cost +1 in base contact with target model before removing it from play. This action cant break rare restricitons (you cant have 3 Burts on the table).

It can be fun to flexible transform your models for your needs: bayou gremlin to surviver to bushwhacker to Pere and so on.

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Those both sound like a lot of fun, gotta love the idea of gremlins mounting and knighting whatever they can!

Its never, ever going to happen but my dream has always been to give the gremlins, like, a 25ss tank that they found/stole and just have it cause absolute chaos and explosions on both sides. I’d be so happy.

An idea that may actually happen is a drunk gremlin/arcanist master who has decided to join the union for access to arcanist tech, tools and discounts at the local union pub. He’d work with constructs and be able to summon them off scrap but each one would have an upgrade attached like “Faulty Wire’n” or “That’s Not a Robot, That’s a Bomb” which give them negative but hilarious quirks to balance the summoning and add some fun to the game. He should also be able to summon flesh constructs because it’s in the name and he got confused.

Finally I’d like gremlin explosioneers who’re just madmen with tnt

• Like 2

17 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Second idea - gremlin Darwinist/Scientist/Evolutionist. He found book with works of Darwin and get it wrong.
7-9ss very squishy model with (2) tactical action: Sacrifice friendly model in 6' and summon friendly model with ss cost +1 in base contact with target model before removing it from play. This action cant break rare restricitons (you cant have 3 Burts on the table).

Could also go in the direction of Bayou VooDoo
you Flip a card that cant be cheated to determine want value you summon
Black Joker - Model is Sacrificed 
Red Joker - Summon the Same Model, but dont Sac the other
1-5 - +0 of Original
6-10 - +1 SS of Original
11-13 - +2 SS of Original

Keeping in mind you can break rare number, and maybe limit it to Minions or Minions and Enforcers

12 hours ago, Beeray said:

Could also go in the direction of Bayou VooDoo
you Flip a card that cant be cheated to determine want value you summon
Black Joker - Model is Sacrificed 
Red Joker - Summon the Same Model, but dont Sac the other
1-5 - +0 of Original
6-10 - +1 SS of Original
11-13 - +2 SS of Original

Keeping in mind you can break rare number, and maybe limit it to Minions or Minions and Enforcers

This sounds fun. There rate limit is super ingrained in the rules, and I agree that it's better to not have rares broken. 

On that topic, maybe a French gremlin mime who can copy another models stat card for a turn.

A gremlin master that is actually a Pig, Rooster, Silurid, Gator or otherwise an animal. Have the gremlins fight for it believing its a genius and interpreting its body language as orders, but leave it ambiguous as to whether its intelligent enough to really understand whats going on or if its actually smarter than the gremlins that fight for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

A gremlin master that is actually a Pig, Rooster, Silurid, Gator or otherwise an animal. Have the gremlins fight for it believing its a genius and interpreting its body language as orders, but leave it ambiguous as to whether its intelligent enough to really understand whats going on or if its actually smarter than the gremlins that fight for it.

This. Thought about this, was too lazy to write the comment. Simply this, no more no less.

Gator 1st, if not pig is the obvious choice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nukemouse said:

OMG, I love that idea!

I could also see a Gremlin who died while riding a Rooster in battle, and the rooster, being free of orders, just does his things and wins the battle, and everyone worshiping the "Rider", when in fact it's the Rooster doing all the leadershipping! ( possibly accidently)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoyalSkritNa said:

This. Thought about this, was too lazy to write the comment. Simply this, no more no less.

Gator 1st, if not pig is the obvious choice.

Well it could also be something out of left field, like an earth animal that escaped a circus or zoo or something and the Gremlin fear/worship it believing it to be all powerful as they've never seen a creature like it. It's not hard to imagine Gremlins in awe of a sloth, hippo or a camel and it's "master tier abilities" can obviously be explained by an awakening when it traveled through the breach, similar to Hoffman etc.

3 hours ago, wafew said:

OMG, I love that idea!

I could also see a Gremlin who died while riding a Rooster in battle, and the rooster, being free of orders, just does his things and wins the battle, and everyone worshiping the "Rider", when in fact it's the Rooster doing all the leadershipping! ( possibly accidently)

Better yet, a Rooster with a scarecrow-like fake gremlin on its back.

• Like 1