MinMax | Henchman Hardcore Edition

Beeray

Morning Folks!

I was looking over some ideas for Henchman hardcore and wanted everyone's opinion on the best team for Henchman Hardcore, as well as some strategies that we have seen work.

My current team for Henchman Hardcore is purely Fluff and Theme with Mancha and 3 Wrastlers [All painted like different Avengers]

• Like 1

I don’t usually get the chance to play henchman hardcore but if I did I’d play 

Frank+stilts

burt+dirty cheater

pere

survivor

the idea being that you throw Burt and Frank at the enemy henchman, use pere to scare people off or clear the centre and use the survivor to stay at in the game if it goes south

The most important part of Henchman Harcore is to kill the opposing Leader while keeping yours alive. If you mange this, you win almost every time barring something really freaky.

So I suggest using Trixie for a Leader as she can hang back and not get killed. Cheating Initiative can also be game-winning in HH. Finally, she can Push enemies away from scoring positions and even give them Slow.

For killing the opposing Leader, I suggest Francois who is pure murder. Raphael is also pretty amazing depending on terrain a bit.

• Like 2

We are trying to get a weekly setup in my area for Henchman Hardcore, similar to FNM for Magic The Gathering. With one day a month we will hold a 50SS Tourney.

Trixie definitely seems great in this format with her Push/Pull and her Gun upgrade helps too.

14 hours ago, DanteJH said:

use pere to scare people off

I love thinking about Pere just standing in the middle screaming that he has a Stuffed Pig and he isnt afraid to use it!

I also have fallen inlove with Survivors after the cost drop, every game i have played with them, regardless of the format, they have either hit WAY above their point cost or ran all the schemes i needed them too.

Ophelia's Box is just so good all around, Frank, Raph, Pere, and then theirs the misfit Rami lol

Im looking at maybe doing:
Trixie
Whiskey Golem
2x Survivor

3 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Old Major + Gracie + Hog whisperer + Slop Hauler.

If your opponent doesn't have a way around armor and you can keep the slop hauler safe this list can do some fun things with reactivate

But why hog whisprer if old major and gracie can reactivate by themselves?

5 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

But why hog whisprer if old major and gracie can reactivate by themselves?

Personally I find in HH your opponent will hold on to a card rather than give you reactivate on old major. Though dropping for effigy/survivor + saddle is probably a good trade

I do McTavish, Gracie w/ Dirty Cheater, Old Cranky and a  Lightning bug.

McTavish sits back with Old Cranky and plinks away, Bug deals with armour and is generally a Lightning Bug. Gracie is your main dealie. Five activations is silly in HH.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 4:09 PM, wizuriel said:

Old Major + Gracie + Hog whisperer + Slop Hauler.

OooooOOOoo I like this
I really need to get my hands on Hog Whisperer [For this and that random Somer list]
And i keep forgetting Old Major is a Henchman!!

I had pretty good luck with a list that's both themey AND pretty good!

Sparks
	Do Over
Whiskey Golem
	Barrel Up
Mechanized Porkchop
Survivor

The idea here is you go all in on trying to make Whiskey Golem work.  He may have stumpy arms, but with fast and Nimble he can walk up to within range of the Porkchop's walking rage machine, then charge into their lines and swing 3 times with :+flip.  If you don't think you can down the target in those 3 swings comfortably, the 3rd AP can be spent on Smokey Finish, making the Whiskey Golem Armor 2 Df 7 with baked in Sprung a Leak.

It's not a great list, but most people haven't seen *any* of those models, so it can come as a rude surprise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Clement said:

I had pretty good luck with a list that's both themey AND pretty good!

Sparks
	Do Over
Whiskey Golem
	Barrel Up
Mechanized Porkchop
Survivor

The idea here is you go all in on trying to make Whiskey Golem work.  He may have stumpy arms, but with fast and Nimble he can walk up to within range of the Porkchop's walking rage machine, then charge into their lines and swing 3 times with :+flip.  If you don't think you can down the target in those 3 swings comfortably, the 3rd AP can be spent on Smokey Finish, making the Whiskey Golem Armor 2 Df 7 with baked in Sprung a Leak.

It's not a great list, but most people haven't seen *any* of those models, so it can come as a rude surprise.

I had thought about the very same list, but I keep my upgrade slot flexible rather than Do Over one could use Dirty Cheater or Stilts - it's important to keep Sparks alive as he doesn't have much else apart from Armor!

However, I agree with @Math Mathonwy that Trixie is our best option due to the importance of winning initiative (seen many Nvb crews field Doppelganger for the same reason!) and because she can hang back and push. She's also survivable as she can dump damage onto nearby gremlins if need be. 

Currently, my list is:

-Trixie (Gun for a Lady)
- 2x Swinecursed
- Slop Hauler

All the crew is reckless so that's a lot of AP...both beaters ignore armor and can heal. Slop heals even more plus he's a tough minion per se, his attack isn't at all bad especially the Df 4 trigger and he can shoot and has Bayou 2 card which is always nice. I'll give it a go next time I have a HH tourney.

• Like 2

Had a friendly game with a friend of mine last night, where he played SnowStorm and the Frozen Hearts [Pretty sure its an Emo Band], Where I played

Trixie [Gun for a Lady]
Sparks
Iron Skeeter
Pere

The take aways from this game were as followed:

1. Going all in on the Pere bomb makes the game end quickly
2. Quickly usually because you died

Granted i think i activated incorrectly, I got over excited and activated Sparks first gave fast and then accompliced into the Iron Skeeter to throw Pere up the board.
Got SnowStorm down to like 3 wounds and then he ate the Iron Skeeter

14 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Sparks
   Do Over
Whiskey Golem
   Barrel Up
Mechanized Porkchop
Survivor

Flavor Win! 

14 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

However, I agree with @Math Mathonwy that Trixie is our best option due to the importance of winning initiative

I too have to agree, almost every game of HH that I have gotten to play comes down to initiative on turn 3-5. So at the least she needs to be in the list somewhere.