Jump to content
Hotpants

Zorida + Mature assassination

Recommended Posts

Anyone tried this?

Willowisp summons a voodoo doll which hems a mature nephilim that has been drugged by a nurse for the +2 damage. Zorida interacts twice with the doll pushing the mature 12 then obeys it to charge.

Does the obey get around the clause in hallucinogens that says this model can only declare walk actions? If so it looks like a nasty surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hotpants said:

Anyone tried this?

Willowisp summons a voodoo doll which hems a mature nephilim that has been drugged by a nurse for the +2 damage. Zorida interacts twice with the doll pushing the mature 12 then obeys it to charge.

Does the obey get around the clause in hallucinogens that says this model can only declare walk actions? If so it looks like a nasty surprise.

Obey does not get around anything like that, the model needs to be able to take the action to be obeyed to take it.

There is that lady who allows the nephilim to deploy from the shadows for a charge first activation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nurse damage buffs will stop charges and flurry, so it's probably not worth it on the mature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about : 1 Serena Bowman, 3 Mature Nephilim w/ From the Shadows, and voila! if you get zoraida, you can get that upgrade to make her and 2 other swampfiends from the shadow as well, and you got yourself a nice alpha strikeish thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wafew said:

How about : 1 Serena Bowman, 3 Mature Nephilim w/ From the Shadows, and voila! if you get zoraida, you can get that upgrade to make her and 2 other swampfiends from the shadow as well, and you got yourself a nice alpha strikeish thing.

 

You'll be out of soulstones in no time. The upgraded matures and Serena are 43ss together and Zoraida wants at least 3ss of upgrades so that leaves a single 4ss swampfiend to infiltrate and an absurd list. Sounds amazing to me, I see no problem with this! :D

Btw: the swamp fiend upgrade lets 3 swamp fiend minions deploy from the shadows so Zoraida eill always be in your deployment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of placing Mature wia From the Shadows and obeying him to charge on first turn is worth trying, but the effect depends from lots of circumstances - especialy deploy flip and your hand on first turn. And of course, you'll not recieve bonuses from drugs.

But I can see another combo:

If we take Bultungin with warped reality, feed him with drugs for +2 Armor and +2 damage (also with neg to all duels, but this is the separate condition and can be removed with Serena), then hem him with doll, we can push him with Zora (since it's she pushing him, not he declares the action) and discard cards to get a free Savage Mauling attack at the end of each push. So we can trade Zora's activation for 3 2-AP attack with 5|6|8 damage each and a 18" movement, and still have Bultungin's actiavtion to get some more attacks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ludvig said:

You'll be out of soulstones in no time. The upgraded matures and Serena are 43ss together and Zoraida wants at least 3ss of upgrades so that leaves a single 4ss swampfiend to infiltrate and an absurd list. Sounds amazing to me, I see no problem with this! :D

Btw: the swamp fiend upgrade lets 3 swamp fiend minions deploy from the shadows so Zoraida eill always be in your deployment.

Curse my inability to read things correctly! There goes my other 2 from the shadow builds ) :

Make it 2 Mature, and have them wreck havoc until they die turn 1/2, during that time, the rest of your crew can make earn yourself some schemes/strategies!

If you don't want to use a mature nephilim, between Serena, and Zoraida's upgrade, you can have 6 models from the shadows, and some like Tuco, and Freikorps Trapper have FtS too, so you could have a small army keeping up the enemy forces, while your master and another model take care of Schemes and Strats (especially supply wagons, symbols of authory, and ours)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 2:39 PM, wafew said:

Curse my inability to read things correctly! There goes my other 2 from the shadow builds ) :

Make it 2 Mature, and have them wreck havoc until they die turn 1/2, during that time, the rest of your crew can make earn yourself some schemes/strategies!

If you don't want to use a mature nephilim, between Serena, and Zoraida's upgrade, you can have 6 models from the shadows, and some like Tuco, and Freikorps Trapper have FtS too, so you could have a small army keeping up the enemy forces, while your master and another model take care of Schemes and Strats (especially supply wagons, symbols of authory, and ours)

Man, that is a list where you really care who wins the initiative flip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×