Sanctioned spellcasters and jury

4thstringer

I haven't tried it but I guess I'll run into it tomorrow since my dear guild clubmates seem to follow this forum nowadays. :(

;)

What were they trying to alpha with and how did you get to it? I thought out-activating was a big deal for making alpha succesful.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

I haven't tried it but I guess I'll run into it tomorrow since my dear guild clubmates seem to follow this forum nowadays. :(

;)

What were they trying to alpha with and how did you get to it? I thought out-activating was a big deal for making alpha succesful.

If you got nellie ... You are pretty safe :-).

10 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I've had a really good experience today with the sanctioned spellcaster with his no charging trigger from the jury.  It absolutely crippled an alpha strike ready gremlin list.  Has anyone else tried this/ had success with this?

I haven't tried that, but i tried the combo with austringers and that is brutal!

Getting rid of a high card because your opponent has to cheat or trade 1 for 2 cards is very useful!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

;)

Don't they know I'm not to be trusted?

The Alpha was going to be a fast reckless Burt followed up by at least one swine cursed.   He used an iron skeeter to move Burt right outside of my other models.  

And I was running Nellie and had 9 activations so the potential alpha was more about early piece trade then total devastation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, jchrisobrien said:

I tried a game where I was going to use the spellcaster as a "gun turret" with AP from my other henchmen.  Unfortunately the spellcaster was gunned down before she could cast, and generally Henchmen AP are better than spellcaster AP.

Did you use El mayor on it?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Drowsheep said:

Are the spellcasters something that Lucius might like working with?

I usually run TT, but since my McCabe guardsmen purchases are going to keep building up, I figured I might as well get the other master that really likes those Guild Minions...

I don't usually use sanctioned spellcaster in Lucius because lucius doesn't bring a lot for him, not because he doesn't do a lot for lucius.  I'm not sure that is solid reasoning though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:05 PM, jchrisobrien said:

I tried a game where I was going to use the spellcaster as a "gun turret" with AP from my other henchmen.  Unfortunately the spellcaster was gunned down before she could cast, and generally Henchmen AP are better than spellcaster AP.

If you’ve got a way to buff the attacks of the Spellcaster then using Henchman and Master AP to cause it to attack can be worthwhile. Especially, if you’ve got Henchmen that are more support focused or want to hang  back.

• Thanks 1