Sonnia List advice

longfanz

Hi!

I'm thinking about trying the next list on my next game, what do you think?

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 4 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
 - Counterspell Aura (1)
 - Cherufes Parting Gift (1)
Samael Hopkins (8)
 - A Debt To The Guild (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Thalarian Queller (6)
Watcher (4)

The idea is to stay in the middle with Sonnia + Samael + Loco (for a couple of turns). The watcher to run schemes and the thralls and the Queller being mobile and hitting when they are most needed. 5 models out of 7 are witch hunters so some good chain activations are possible (enchant weapon + thrall charging or Sonnia puts burning into someone and Samael rapid fires it)

I want to give Samael a try as I always use Franc, will be Sonnia too vulnerable without him? thoughts?

Thanks!

there are some other choices I prefer with Sonia to a number of your selections. Usually I find the Thrall too expensive and I don't use Hopkins..... granted you mentioned him as an intentional choice over Frank- but I always take Frank instead. A lot of times I will take him with Hermanos for the (0) Pull. I also like either Queeg or the Judge  for additional movement for Sonnia as well. Typically I don't want her having to use any AP to walk where possible so the first two turns she is blasting with all her AP. 

If you re taking Imprint then I like the Malifaux Child as well plus he is a cheap activation that can blast as well against low defense things when he isn't casting the Wall. I also like the Brutal Effigy with Sonnia as well- its usually good for letting her draw a few cards although the healing usually isn't a factor. 

A lot of times I run her with a  couple of Guild Guard also for the cheap activations- plus in a pinch I can blast one of them with her to blast off on other targets. 

8 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

there are some other choices I prefer with Sonia to a number of your selections. Usually I find the Thrall too expensive and I don't use Hopkins..... granted you mentioned him as an intentional choice over Frank- but I always take Frank instead. A lot of times I will take him with Hermanos for the (0) Pull. I also like either Queeg or the Judge  for additional movement for Sonnia as well. Typically I don't want her having to use any AP to walk where possible so the first two turns she is blasting with all her AP. 

If you re taking Imprint then I like the Malifaux Child as well plus he is a cheap activation that can blast as well against low defense things when he isn't casting the Wall. I also like the Brutal Effigy with Sonnia as well- its usually good for letting her draw a few cards although the healing usually isn't a factor. 

A lot of times I run her with a  couple of Guild Guard also for the cheap activations- plus in a pinch I can blast one of them with her to blast off on other targets. 

hey! Thanks for your answer.

My usual list with Sonnia is very similar to what you are suggesting (Sonnia, Franc, child, Loco, Watcher, Emissary, Effigy and a Stalker). What I don't like about it (probably I need more practice):

- Franc: to take "Hermanos de Armas" you have to ditch either A Debt to the Guild or Lean Lined Coat. Franc has to play quite back to protect Sonnia so he will be mainly shooting (with min 2, that is pretty lame). If I charge or overextend with him  Sonnia loses the defensive buffs...

- Emissary: attracts a lot of attention but that is. Dies pretty quickly if it is engaged enough to pull off his double shooting.

- Effigy: draw a card is good but you are not going to kill that many models, heal is pretty situational.

- Stalker: pretty bad performance for its costs, mostly used to remove conditions but the tome needed make him useless when most needed.

Edit: I also have problems with armor and hard/impossible to wound. If Sonnia can't do severes she loses a lot of hitting power...

7 hours ago, longfanz said:

- Emissary: attracts a lot of attention but that is. Dies pretty quickly if it is engaged enough to pull off his double shooting.

- Stalker: pretty bad performance for its costs, mostly used to remove conditions but the tome needed make him useless when most needed.

Edit: I also have problems with armor and hard/impossible to wound. If Sonnia can't do severes she loses a lot of hitting power...

I do not use/am not a fan of the Emissary or of the Stalker. I know some people like them but I don't and find better use IMO with other choices. The Queller is the tool for dealing with armor...unfortunately you can't buff Sonnia with it but you can buff Frank so he can take out their heavily armored model while she blasts all the other stuff. There are exceptions but most of the HtW/ItW stuff is pretty low defense- with the buff to casts (using (0) Confiscated Lore for +2 CA) and the + flip to damage from Papa you should almost always win by enough (don't forget the + flip to CA duels against WP 6) to be on a straight flip or plus flip so you can get the severe or cheat the severe except against the ItW....there you just have to try to get the plus flips and hope for the best. 

• Thanks 1

Sonnia is my main master.

I think she plays  better when you can outactivate your opponent. So I usually have 9-10 activations, but never 7 as you did.
It allows to position her right/attack turn 1.

She is really slow and has low def so Franc with Wade in is autopick.
Also I always pick No more masks (1). This upgrade is amasing. It allows you to break faces or disengage with ease if someone gets in ger engage.

• Agree 1

On 5/31/2018 at 12:26 AM, Rostislav said:

Sonnia is my main master.

I think she plays  better when you can outactivate your opponent. So I usually have 9-10 activations, but never 7 as you did.
It allows to position her right/attack turn 1.

She is really slow and has low def so Franc with Wade in is autopick.
Also I always pick No more masks (1). This upgrade is amasing. It allows you to break faces or disengage with ease if someone gets in ger engage.

9-10 activations? How? can i ask you your list? (if you want)

Typical list 1

Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
-  No more masks (1)

- Counterspell Aura (1) OR Cherufes Parting Gift (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade in (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb To The World (1)

Brutal Emissary (10)

Brutal Effigy (4)
Watcher (4)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)

• Like 1

Typical list 2

Sonnia Criid + 4 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
-  No more masks (1)

Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade in (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Master Queeg (7)
- Promises (1)

Brutal Effigy (4)
Watcher (4)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

Typical list 2

Sonnia Criid + 4 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
-  No more masks (1)

Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade in (1)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb To The World (1)
Master Queeg (7)
- Promises (1)

Brutal Effigy (4)
Watcher (4)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)
Guild guard (3)

Will you still take those lists with Punsih the Weak in the pool?

Punish the Weak is matched with Interference and Symbols of Authority.

So definetly yes with Interference  and no with Symbols of Authority.

Opponent will most likely take this Scheme and I can just leave guards hiding in my deployment and use Watcher to provide LoS from far away.
They will count for Interfernce and provide me with activation control.

Def 6 with armor is not so easy to take down especially when you can't see them or at least they have cover.

For Symbols of Authority I'll better take other master.

12 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

Punish the Weak is matched with Interference and Symbols of Authority.

So definetly yes with Interference  and no with Symbols of Authority.

Opponent will most likely take this Scheme and I can just leave guards hiding in my deployment and use Watcher to provide LoS from far away.
They will count for Interfernce and provide me with activation control.

Def 6 with armor is not so easy to take down especially when you can't see them or at least they have cover.

For Symbols of Authority I'll better take other master.

Yesterday I played symbols and as I don't have any other master I had to remove as much minions as I could.  I won but I wasn't able to catch the last one due to my lack of mobility :S