Multiple Hazardous Terrain Damage Timing

Domin

Question

I have a set of questions, based on my thoughts of playing Lilith.

1. If the model is placed touching two hazardous terrain markers - who's choosing the order of damage flips?

2. Does it matters - is the placed model friendly or not?

3. What if the model is placed touching the Hazardous Terrain marker and an aura of Hazardous Terrain, radiating from a model (for example, Jaakuna)?

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure that there is a good answer for any of these questions since terrain is not included in the general timing chart. I'm leaning towards the acting model getting to decide the order just like if it had blasted onto several models but that's far from certain. If it had happened in the end of turn phase or on activation the model itself would decide the order.

Abilities from the acting model go first so if it had been two dangerous auras lilith would resolve hers first. I don't think terrain markers are considered abilities though.

Question 2: It doesn't matter if the model is friendly, they still take hazardous damage (unless Lilith has the land consumes and they are within aura 6" of her) andthe order and who gets to choose should be the same.

It's a question that doesn't appear to have a definitive answer. And given Jaakuna and Ama No Zaku do have it count for "kill" criteria (FAQ 83), it probably does need an official answer.

It appears that it's done in the order of entry when moving, and native then ability when activating, though it's far from definitive. FAQ 29 has a model enter the aura then a lava field, and after it finishes moving, that's the order it tests, but the model activating in both, does the lava first. That could be how it's intended, or it could just be how it was written without intent to be interpreted as a ruling.