Anna Lovelace with Von Schill

Wurz_7

Hi Outcasts

I'm Assembling this happy looking girl (not) Anna Lovelace for my Freikorp crew. I have some ideas of combos with the rest of the crew (with Hannah and Von Schill in particular), but I can't find anywhere on the internet some real-player experiencie with this combinations or even with this crew. Since she is Freikorp I assume some of you have tried her. So, any ideas? experiencies? thoughts and prayers?

• Agree 1

It really depends of how are you gonna play your crew. If you want to keep distances and shoot with Trappers, Lazarus or whatever, Anna can shine disrupting enemy movement tricks, and pushing them away; apart of her own ranged attack. 

With more CC focused crews, she's not many more valuable than any other 10ss model you could include. 

Also, she can be quite tanky with the help of the Engineer, def 6 and 9 wounds with armor +2 can be quite annoying. And worse if you keep distances and benefit from obscured. 

She can help with model count, the issue is VS works better if every thing is in a bubble, She makes it hard for that bubble to be effective as she keeps everything at a distance., now if you need to keep an enemy's models away from an objective, she is gold as with he Engineer, she is not going anywhere any time soon 

• Agree 1

The fact that she doesn't randomize on shooting is really great in a Freikorp crew. I think she combos well with the Strongarm or Schill getting stuck in. She's fantastic with fast from Oathkeeper each turn. Only thing to remember is that she doesn't have freikorp armor so be weary of blasts and pulses.

Rush of magic is just gravy.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Davos said:

i've found her decent with him. She combos with his Target Practice ability, since she can push models.  And drawing an extra card is always good. 

That was my inmediate first idea: push a bunch of models away with her (0) action so everyone gets a +1 flip clockwork seeker shoot. This can be copied by Hannah (without the trigger) so in my mind sounds pretty nice.

The shooting engaged targets also sound nice since VS, Strongarm or even Hannah can have them "graved" while Anna hurt them or push them away if needed. 

But again, if someone have a real match "tale" to share, it will be nice. I'll do it as soon as I field test her (My local Henchman will probably mop the floor with this, but experiencie is experience)

I think that Mindless Zombies haven't any synergies with Freikorps crews. Seishins can be used to heal a little bit. 

Seeing that Anna is some kind of engineer, I'd love to see her summoning some kind of construct, like the Clockwork trap. That would fit better with Freikorps than zombies or spirits. 

• Agree 1

I think the summons trigger is nice though something you want to incidentally get, not to strive for.  IE. "oh, i happened to hit it.  cool".  I don't think you NEED synergies for them to be useful.  They provide activation control, which is something Von Schill really really needs.  So its not bad.  But I wouldn't go out of my way to try to get it to happen.  hitting with the trigger + moderate damage does require a fair bit of effort and probably a card or 2

• Agree 1

Well, I field tested her today, and I'm quite happy.

It was an extraction game, so the vortex (0) action was usefull. The min 3 damage CA attack was nice. The fact that Hannah can copy those actions gave me a lot more options within the crew. For example the (0) vortex was like an 3rd attack when Von Schill was nearby (for the Nythera Aftermath's trigger) so it was 3 ranged attacks with min 3dmg, with the chance of damaging even more for the vortex pushing trigger. 

I was expecting her to help with area control, but she increased the damage output a considerable amount. I will have more detailed info after the second field test

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Another trial run today with the crew, this one:

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Von Schill + 2 Pool
 - Nythera Aftermath (1)
 - Oath of the Freikorps (1)
 - The Shirt Comes Off (1)
Hannah (10)
 - I Pay Better (1)
Anna Lovelace (10)
Strongarm Suit (10)
Hans (7)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Freikorps Librarian (7)

It was a corner deployment match, with Public Executions, Eliminate the Leadership, hold up their forces, undercover entourage, show of force and search the ruins. 

My friend fielded a Hoffman crew. I took Hold up their forces and Show of force. He took Undercover entourage and search the ruins. 

This is what happened and Anna was key on the match:

First it was a race to the center, very soon Hannah was in base contact with a Peacekeeper because an harpoon attack from the Peacekeeper. That placed Hannah in a good place to lockdown the zone with her engaging range. Then I moved Anna a bit behind Hannah, so Hoffman wasn't able to push himself for Anna's aura. With that bottleneck I was able to flank the enemy crew with Von Schill on one side and Strongarm on the other, with Hans putting shoots from behind and the librarian keeping Hannah alive. Then VS and Strongarm start beating them from the sides charging at will, and the rest was scoring VP for show of force (Von Schill giving Oathkeeper is nice for that). 

I said that Anna was key for 2 reasons: She denied the pushing ability of Hoffman, so he wasn't able to cross the middle. And second, the times he crossed (or his models endanger my Show of force scheme) Anna used vortex and sent them all the way back, breaking their bubble with the second part of that action. (and Von Schill was happy shooting most of them with the Nythera aftermath pasive ability)

So, from now on, Anna is permanent on my list. The combo between Hannah and Anna is just awesome

• Like 2

End of turn 1. The greenish-blue piece of wall in front of the Peacekeeper was the center:

PY7ktfH.jpg

End of turn 4 from Hoffman's side. Most of his models were smashed between Strongarm and Von Schill. Hoffman is unable to cross between the engage range from Hannah, the Nythera aftermath throwing attack from Von Schill, he can't push thanks to Anna's Aura.

KH39udS.jpg

• Like 3