State of Gremlins in GG18

D6Damager

So, I have been away from the game for awhile and am now looking to get back into and teach others to get them into the game. The people I am getting into the game are all competitive players from other gaming systems. 

What would you say about Gremlins in GG18? Limited choices in masters/crew? Favorable schemes/strats?

Uff, to summarize in one go:

1 or 2 broken "combos" ( and I refuse to count the warpig Somer list until someone wins a big tourney with it)

Very limited hiring pool due to too much overlap within factions ( you pick the most optimal model out of a group that does the same thing)

Starter boxes to get: Ophelia + Zip.

You also want to pickup swine cursed, effigy, survivors, sparks

This would get you enough hiring diversity and combination.

Gremlins do have a pretty big divide between good/useful models and very situational / meh models, but I do believe we have a better hiring pool than people say.

Master wise the top 3 are: Somer, Wong and Zipp. These 3 should be able to cover any schemes and strats and work pretty well against any faction. Mah, Ophelia and Ulix are pretty situational, but not terrible picks. I would personally avoid Brewmaster and Zoraida.

Model wise we tend to have a few staples:

Damage / Support / healing: Lightning Bugs, Slop Haulers

Scheme runners: Fingers, Trixie, First Mate, Merris, anything with reckless

Damage: Burt, Gracie, Swine Cursed (especially with Wong), Francois, Taxadermist, Raphael

Supply Wagon pushing: Gracie, Whiskey Golem

Movement: Gracie, Iron Skeeters

Cheap activations: Surviviors, Bayou Gremlins

Card Draw: Banjoistas (With Somer), Criers (more general, but shine with Mah)

Other: Sammy 

Play wise Gremlins tend to play win hard or fold fast. I find most of the games my crew will be pretty decimated by turn 4 or 5 and I either have a good lead to survive that last turn, or I lose badly. Their strengths are flexibility with reckless giving them an extra AP, pretty card efficient compared to most factions and great damage. Their cons tend to be they don't stay on the board long between lower stats than average and a lot of abilities that hurt themselves (granted some models with Fingers can be exceptions to this).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PolishSausage said:

Starter boxes to get: Ophelia + Zip.

You also want to pickup swine cursed, effigy, survivors, spark

I'd say Wong+Zipp and then Swine Cursed, Burt, Survivors, Cranky and McTavish.

Why Effigy and Sparks? 

As for Gremlins in gg18 - we are in ok spot. We are not OP neither under the power curce. Sure some masters are way better than others (same with the rest of models) but i think it is pretty normal.

Why Effigy and Sparks? 

Effigy is is the DF6 arm 1 HTK pain in the butt. The buff he gives out to masters is great for survival. Also when you hit and RJ someone with him they will pop their eyes out.

Sparks is a very unique support piece. He increases survival of friendly models, Has chain activation ( super bonkers for a high ss model to have).

Also try packed with explosives and Zip, you place the model and than do damage flip, makes for a very nasty surprise.

Spark also works well with large gremlin-centric crews, buffs skeeters and effigy, and can in some cases swing the game due to his aura (very rare but will catch people dead)

Just remember he has the aura.

• Like 1