Everyone wants to be on Lady J's team...

jchrisobrien

So, I've assembled a pretty tight core team for my Lady Justice crews, as follows:  the Scales, Francisco w/wade in + floating upgrade, The Jury w/numb to the world, Death Marshal Recruiter w/lead lined coat, Brutal Effigy, and Swordfighter plus a floating upgrade on Lady J.  This leaves me about 14 points to swap in to her crew.  I've tried a few different configurations to date.

• Master Queeg w/Promises and a Monster Hunter.
  • The Judge w/lead lined coat and a Sanctioned Spellcaster.
  • Domedor de Cadavers w/lead lined coat and a Rotten Belle/Dead Doxy

The most successful of the bunch has been the Domedor.  I'm planning on testing him out against with a Nurse this time.  I can use take your meds on the Jury and she can ignore the negative conditions, or put the conditions on other models then Accomplice into the Jury to remove the bad condition before the enemy acts.  What other combos would you fit into the 13=15 SS range?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Papa buried by lj is a favorite of mine.

Can you elaborate? I can't quite grasp the needed preparations for that. Is it done turn 2? What is the exact order of actions? In my thoughts you need at least flank deployment for that. Or do you keep him in the box "just in case" for an opportunity to present itself?

A roster and a brief example of this working out will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

I've used it in flank and standard.  An example of a list I might run with it is 

Lady J with expert sleuth, ashwood coffin, and swordfighter

scales

papa

2 monster hunters

fill the rest with guild guard.

You can activate papa and all the guild guard first.  then the monster hunters (you don't really want them stalking forward too much turn 1), then the scales (after discarding with the MH you probably can draw at least one card).  I run LJ forward as much as possible towards the largest bunch of enemy models.  

I pop expert sleuth to try to get first turn.  If I get it, LJ drops Papa immediately or charges someone and boxes them (or fails to box them)  on her second swing to pop out papa.  walk away with third action, then chain into papa and get to exploding.  It works best when your opponent has bunched up to take advantage of an aura or to get through a choke point.

It doesn't work every time, but when it does it is delicious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Nurses are living so you can'thire them with anyone except McMourning. 

SON OF A GUN!  HECK!

Well, I could use the Jury with McMourning so at least there's that...

That trick with Lady J and Papa could be interesting.

The Recruiter is pretty indispensable to me right now.  He's brought Lady J back to life several times, along with the Jury and Franciso after the Recruiter... recruited him. :)  I could easily fit a Watcher and Reporter and Death Marshal, or another 7 pt model... another Recruiter... mmmm. 

• Like 1

But theHave you tried double guardians?  They can be really durable if you put their protect on themselves, swing with ml 7, and can instead make frank or the recruiter a real pain to hit.  Holding a point isn't as big in the new gg, but they do other things alright too.

The other packages I'd consider are the ubiquitous double monster Hunters, double investigator, or a mix of any of those and the following (points limited):

Quellors, nino, papa, Santiago, lone Marshall, double gg, double dogs, pathfinder, austringer,  double field reporters or watchers. 

Finally, 4 gg or three 4 stone models should be considered.  Lj likes having activation control, especially if you can then put expert sleuth in.