Sign in to follow this  
GhostMonk

Deathmarshals

So I'm completely new to Malifaux, I figure I'd ask the question. I'm starting off with The Guild and Ten Thunders but I'm curious about The Guild right now. I'm wanting to run Death Marshals, and I think Death marshal recruiter would be good. Maybe one of the good doctors to patch them up? I don't know.....any pointers?

The recruiters are very decent. The normal death marshals are sometimes considered too easy to kill on a high level of competitiveness but the recruiters help with that a lot. 

There are a couple of ways to give them movement, several masters can help them by moving them away from enemies. Which guild masters have you been looking at?

I think that at the stage of malifaux you are playing at death Marshalls sounds like a great choice.  Lucius can do some good things for you.  The death Marshall recruiter can keep them alive or push them around, but I wouldn't depend on them doing so.

Lucas McCabe can give them reactivate and/nimble and armor.

There are several cool tricks you can pull with your bury. Explore that space.

• Like 1

While Death marshals are not top tier models, they are definately playable and quite fun to use. Recruiters are good if you have other models with the "Guild Marshal" keyword. I have had a lot of fun with a thematic all Guild marshal list led by Lady Justice.

• Like 1

So I've got a list going
35SS
Lucas McCabe (need to get him still)
2 Death Marshals
Death Marshal Recruiter
The Judge

What should I do for upgrades? and Any recommended tweeks?

• Like 1

You want loot bag on McCabe. Always loot bag on him. After that it depends, I would probably put Debt to the guild on Judge and the recruiter. For McCabe you might like the armour upgrade, I love the badge of speed (so once the game starts trade loot bag into that). I am also a fan of Promises on McCabe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostMonk said:

So I've got a list going
35SS
Lucas McCabe (need to get him still)
2 Death Marshals
Death Marshal Recruiter
The Judge

What should I do for upgrades? and Any recommended tweeks?

To be honest, I don't play 35 points very much, but I like this list.  I think throwing some disguised to the death marshalls could help their survivability quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

I'm a big fan of lead lined coat on the recruiter.

That actually looked like a good idea.

19 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

To be honest, I don't play 35 points very much, but I like this list.  I think throwing some disguised to the death marshalls could help their survivability quite a bit.

Disguised? Keep in mind......I'm a complete Malifaux noobie XD

17 minutes ago, GhostMonk said:

Disguised? Keep in mind......I'm a complete Malifaux noobie XD

McCabe has an upgrade that makes you disguised. That rule means no one can charge you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

McCabe has an upgrade that makes you disguised. That rule means no one can charge you.

Ahh ok. Makes me wanna pick him up that much more now to run this list lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostMonk said:

Ahh ok. Makes me wanna pick him up that much more now to run this list lol

McCabe is extremely enjoyable to play and can make any list run quite well. I've played him since last edition, easily a master I would recommend to anyone.

12 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

McCabe is extremely enjoyable to play and can make any list run quite well. I've played him since last edition, easily a master I would recommend to anyone.

He is definitely our best turd polisher.

• Haha 2

I almost wanna run one of the doc's from the starter kit within the group. Not to sure the synergy would be good but....eh who knows

24 minutes ago, GhostMonk said:

I almost wanna run one of the doc's from the starter kit within the group. Not to sure the synergy would be good but....eh who knows

Forget synergy.  Run what's fun to you.  Try things.  The game is more fun that way.

• Like 3

Haha I just might. Probably pick up the starterbox in the next few weeks since seems like you can't get them any other way. Right now I just wanna pick up something to store them in. Looking at the Malifaux bag. Collection kind of grew quicker then I thought it would XD

• Like 1

Magnetic cases seem to be the best option. There are so many big models that won't fit into foam trays.

• Like 1