Models better out of faction

cbtb11235813

The weird thing with venomancy is the obvious anti-synergy. Arcanists have several models that spread poison out but pretty much none except poison gamin actually have infect. If Marcus could pop on two poison on anyone near Myranda who is wicked, hard to hit and a henchman for the extra poison damage aura then that play might have been interesting. You would still probably want a poison gamin to set up the aura of damage when activating but you could at least do more with the upgrade without it also governing your crew so much. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grim_stoki said:

I see a lot of people take performer's out of faction paying the merc. tax for the "sip of wine" trigger. It works well with poison heavy crews, which Arcanists lack. 

I don't think this is a particularly good strategy, but I see people do it. 

Arcanists can do a poison heavy build, its just that  the majority of the arcanists don't do anything extra with that poison. Poison McMorniong is a lot less use if you aren't taking Sebastian to triple its damage (possibly even 6 times) and roadside scholar to gain something for all those poisoned models. 

But with the Poison Gamin, Marcus' new upgrade and the Scorpius there is so things out there that start to care about the poison. (Plus Marcus can bring in Shikome and canine remains for their scent of death ability which really helps out). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Gremlins for instance I feel miss out on pigs because of Marcus stealing them and models like Sparks and Mechanized Porkchop might as well have been arcanists or 10T models instead of Gremlins. 

I'm still super interested to hear more on how Marcus can use the pigs better than gremlins. No matter how I try to convince myself of pig Marcus I just don't see how he competes with Ulix and Old Major for pig efficiency.

Did you mean more on not getting new models because of Marcus? Because gators are obviously animals but they dropped the beast trait. Gracie and Old Major are pigs but not beasts so it's safe to say Marcus has zero effect on gremlin releases at this point (apart from the beast trait ending up on them or not).

17 hours ago, wizuriel said:

I feel like this is just a problem with our of faction hiring in general.

Gremlins for instance I feel miss out on pigs because of Marcus stealing them and models like Sparks and Mechanized Porkchop might as well have been arcanists or 10T models instead of Gremlins. 

As a Marcus pig player, let me safely say that I don't think pigs get down powered because Marcus can hire them. A lot of the critical things to make pigs great (or possibly playable) just aren't in Arcanists (Gremlins to prevent them going wild, Old major to control them, one pig against the world upgrade to control them, I think I'm seeing a theme)

I think you can see that not all pigs are beasts because they don't want this. 

Putting pigs in a marcus list is probably like trying to ride a warpig. It can go horribly horribly wrong at any given moment with no warning. 

• Haha 3

On 5/23/2018 at 10:04 PM, cbtb11235813 said:

I tried it the other day with The Scorpius, 2 poison gamin, a performer, sabertooth, Kudra, Vogel, and the jackalope. Went up against Pandora, didn't go super well haha. The hardest part for me was the fact you needed 3 overlapping auras to really do anything effective with the poison, and all it did was 2 damage and slow in the best case scenario. And it put all of my important models in a nice bubble for Pandora to continually pulse out WP duels 

Surely the really 'hard part' is that the Scorpius is rather too squishy for something that needs to be very close to multiple enemy models, and also needs to activate at a pretty specific point in the turn in order to do its thing? 

Harder to kill, ranged "expunge-like" effects or some sort of movement/turn sequence trick would all help it, and you could easily make a thematic argument for any of them as well I suspect

Sebastian isn't extremely hard to kill either, the trick is to have the models you want to punish engaged or otherwise innefective. Marcus or Myranda could probably aid with that since you want their aura in the same place.

I think a bigger issue is that you need a Master with a 1 stone upgrade, and a 5 stone lackluster minion (who needs to have already activated and used his (0)) within 3:ToS-Aura:, to do 1 less damage than a 7 stone henchman. If you want to make them slow as well, you need to throw another 6 stone mediocre minion in their face