Whats the best way to field those cool robots?

shakespear

If you want robots, Ramos is your man for sure.  He can summon in Steam Arachnids and Electrical Creations, and he has the highest number of beneficial auras in the faction (I wrote a big blurb on him here).  If you're wanting more of a mix of robots and living things then basically anyone in the faction covers that in different ways (except Marcus, who's pretty much all about his Beasts), but my personal favourite is Ironsides who is kind of a tank with some movement shenanigans and friendly buffs (my blurb on her is here).

Pretty much everything in the faction is playable, some are a bit better than others but overall our internal balance is pretty great so just go with what aesthetically works with you and we can probably tell you how to make it all work! :) 

Hoffman is probably the one to pick if you are a massive fan of the rail golem or like the guild robot look as well.

If you are into spiders obviously Ramos will have you painting and running 10+ of those. It's also easier to not have cross faction stuff early on if you wqnt to expqnd slowly.

Leveticus can mix anything.

33 minutes ago, shakespear said:

That scorpion and the nurse bots

Hoffman can't hire the Medical Automaton. I don't think that there's an Arcanist Master that doesn't benefit from hiring those little guys.

The Scorpius probably works best with Marcus  but you are probably better off just bringing him because you think he's a cool model than trying to build a bunch of poison synergies around him.

• Like 1

I agree, the scorpius is a a very mediocre model at best, especially in a faction full of awesome 6 stone models. That being said it is fun to put on the table because it looks awesome (especially with Ramos and his spider crew). The med-bots are pretty great, and have saved me on several occasions. Like last night healing a 1 wound Johan and Envy back to full/nearly full health and letting them survive the game. The Arcanist faction was generally pretty short on healing, at least until the automatons came out