The Bloodwretch/brutal emissary card engine

4thstringer

So, Gnomey got me all worked up about this wretch/emissary card engine (from main malifaux discussion forum I think).  The list I came up with is Lucius with Deep Pockets, a Witchling Thrall (no point in having all these cards without something to use them on), emissary, 7 gg, and a blood wretch.  You could easily draw a big chunk of your deck first turn, if you don't think you are engaging then discard the good ones and keep the bad ones to thin your deck out.  Then do it against the second turn.  If you take the lucius upgrade those models will all heal 1 of the 2 damage they take on weak.  The BJ is the only thing that will stop the cards train that I can think of.  

Any thoughts?  Have you run anything like this?  

6 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

OP, nerf everything! ;)

That's about 14 cards and 7 milled so a 13 card hand? Then you just need Lucius to get  the thrall up and do two attacks before the only damage dealer in your list dead turn one?

16 and 8 after the blood wretch attacks something too.   I think my plan is to use the decent activation control to not move up the thrall until the end of the turn, carry a really good hand into turn 2 or develop a deck that has as few weaks as possible.  Turn two is more towards optimal hand.  The emissary is backup damage dealer too. 16 and 8 after the blood wretch attacks something too.

12 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

I like how 7 guild guards just slipped in toward the end of that list. They are basically guild popcorn at this stage. 

The 7 guild guard are the best target for shooting I could come up with.  Since the target for the repeating trigger has to be original.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So, Gnomey got me all worked up about this wretch/emissary card engine (from main malifaux discussion forum I think).  The list I came up with is Lucius with Deep Pockets, a Witchling Thrall (no point in having all these cards without something to use them on), emissary, 7 gg, and a blood wretch.  You could easily draw a big chunk of your deck first turn, if you don't think you are engaging then discard the good ones and keep the bad ones to thin your deck out.  Then do it against the second turn.  If you take the lucius upgrade those models will all heal 1 of the 2 damage they take on weak.  The BJ is the only thing that will stop the cards train that I can think of.  

Any thoughts?  Have you run anything like this?  

Interesting that Lucius can heal them...I can do my usual and bury Ryle also for another AP of shooting everything within reach, but that’s five guild guards very precisely positioned between 3” and 4” away with one wound remaining apiece, and an opposing crew wondering what gift just got handed to them.

Which is why I waited for someone to drop a Hamelin crew to provide me with targets before trying it at home. What surprised me was having to cheat in the cards as fast as I drew them, to keep hitting the next target/bump the damage up enough to kill and provide a new target. Only ended up by two cards at activation’s end, which is just silly.