(Likely) Stupid Question about Killjoy and Tara

Shock & Awe

So, I finally got my Carver model (who will serve as Killjoy for all intents and purposes) and I have a quick question. 

I understand that "Blood Price" requires Killjoy to charge if there is a legal target available so long as he's not engaged. 

If Tara were to use "Faces in the Void" and place Killjoy in B2B, he can't charge her, can he? Assuming the charge makes all models in range an "enemy", they are in base to base, so he would technically be engaged with her when he decided to charge. Or is the idea that she's a friendly model until he's charged her, and therefore not technically engaged. 

I'm just wondering how careful I have to be with when or how I pop him out. I'd love to beast bomb him, but I want to make sure he's not gonna come eat my face when I do. 

4 minutes ago, Shock & Awe said:

I understand that "Blood Price" requires Killjoy to charge if there is a legal target available so long as he's not engaged. 

If Tara were to use "Faces in the Void" and place Killjoy in B2B, he can't charge her, can he? Assuming the charge makes all models in range an "enemy", they are in base to base, so he would technically be engaged with her when he decided to charge. Or is the idea that she's a friendly model until he's charged her, and therefore not technically engaged. 

I'm just wondering how careful I have to be with when or how I pop him out. I'd love to beast bomb him, but I want to make sure he's not gonna come eat my face when I do. 

Killjoy could charge Tara.  A model is only engaged by enemy models, so if Killjoy is unburied, unengaged, and Tara is the only model that can be charged, that’s what will happen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shock & Awe said:

Or is the idea that she's a friendly model until he's charged her, and therefore not technically engaged. 

Just one more note on that, even when Killjoy is charging and punching Tara they're still considered 'friendly' models for purposes of any abilities, schemes or whathaveyou. By default any models in your crew are friendly to each other and enemies to the opposing crew, and vice versa.

• Agree 1