Any players in Metrowest Boston/Worcester?

Hi all,

I am brand new to Malifaux (never even played a game) and was wondering if there were any communities/players in the Boston Metro-west/ Worcester area? I live in Hudson, MA currently and probably would not be able to commute far on weekdays after work. I am very excited about Malifaux so I hope there are some folks that play in the area.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure about communities, and I'd be interested in the same thing.

I'm relatively new (been playing for 8ish months but I don't get many games in) and live in Worcester.  I haven't found a local shop that has tablespace setup, so I play at home.  If you know of a place that could be set up for malifaux, I'd meet up for a game.  I have the mat / terrain / etc needed so that's not a worry, I just don't know anywhere that has war game table space for rent.

In general, if I want to play against others I do it on a weekend and drive farther.  There are communities of players in the Providence / Hartford / Hadley areas, downside is most of their regular play days are weeknights and that's too far of a drive for me. I have gone to a few tournaments recently, and while I get destroyed the people are nice and its a good way to find out who's from where.  There's a tournament coming up in Westport Ma at Table Top games June 2nd that I'm planning on going to.

Beyond that, if you wanted to check out shops, here's the places I'd recommend:

Table top Games - Westport Ma - Has a full line of models,  has tables with the right amount of terrain, staff plays / is knowledgeable (I asked a lot of n00bie questions to them when I was starting out).

Battlestandard - East Windsor CT - Stocks some models, has a decent amount of used models, so you may be able to find some deals / rarities (I picked up a trixiebell for 5 dollars last weekend), has a hench / players who play regularly.

I've also gone to tournaments at Game On in Warwick, though if I was driving to RI, I'd prefer to go to Table Top cause they have more stock to buy.  I've also heard good things about Off The Wall in Hadley MA, but I haven't been (though I've played against some people from there in tournaments).

Hope this helps.  Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to know more.

-Muraki

Hi Muraki,

I appreciate you reaching out. Yeh, I would definitely be interested in playing at some point. I know that there is gaming space at the Whiz Store in Westborough MA and a few spots in Maynard MA. I have not ordered any models yet, but it seems like there is a chance to play some folks in the area I may now choose to invest. I would love to come to the June 2nd tournie but I don't think it is very possible at this point. 

Thanks!