Resurrectionist Henchman Hardcore

Hermit

I've got a HH tournament coming up next month and I hadn't seen any recent posts on the subject so I figured I would ask, what are your "go to" HH lists? I've got mine mostly nailed down for the event, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought. It's difficult in a faction where summoning is a big part of what you do to try and make a team where no summoning can be done. What do you bring? How has it worked?

Toshiro

2x punk zombie

rotten belle

*I’ve played this with a little success but Toshiro seems to die easier than you’d think. HtW 2 draws out the Red Joker. There is 1ss for an upgrade.

Valedictorian w/ Decaying Aura

2x Shikome 

Little Gasser 

*This list seems fun. The Henchmen could be swapped out. I think Decaying Aura could be useful Incase your oponent has heals. 

I’m interested to see what others come up with. 

I was going to go with:

Anna Lovelace w/MLH

2x Doxie

Forgotten Marshal

My goal was to keep enemy models out of the middle to keep from the scoring Turf War while being able to shoot them with Marshal and Anna. I'm not 100% sold on the Marshal, but my Resser pool of models is not huge. 

7 hours ago, bluepanther said:

Yea, not sure about the Marshall. One of his big things is making a model if he dies and that goes away in HH. 

Anna is a good Henchmen to go with though. 

Yeah, Marshal was mostly due to what I have as models. Chiaki + Upgrade could work as well. Area pulse push away and handing out slow with Pull of the Grave doesn't seem bad. Brings down my damage potential though.

6 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I have never played that format, but I remember one list which was posted on that forum: Valedictorian, Izamu, Jaakuna Ubume, all with Unnerving Aura, and Graveyard Spirit on top of that. Good luck for melee crews with no armor-ignoring mechanics.

It's Yin, not Izamu.   Izamu won't fit in the crew since he's too expensive.  The crew presents a really interesting puzzle for your opponent to try to take apart since they pretty much just edge into the zone and dare your opponent to come close.  I've run it as my HH crew for a while now and I have some observations...

1) This thing runs out of time, a LOT.  It comes at your opponent sideways in terms of threat, and as soon as they figure out most of the options for attacking the ball are bad, they hem and haw a lot about how to spend their turns.  Unless you're dealing with a serious pro or a complete newbie, you're not going to make it to turn 5.  

2) This thing rarely looses, but it also has trouble winning.  Because it's not as aggressive as more traditional beater crews (and the time issue above), you're going to have trouble actually sealing the deal and killing their leader or enough of their crew to start denying the Turf War.

3) Armor really sucks to deal with.  Even armor 1 basically cuts most of your damage output in half.  The good news is you generally don't care about any other defensive tech.

The current bugbear at our local HH scene is something affectionately dubbed "The Oxford book club".  It's the captain with patron's blessing, then 3 oxford mages all loaded with imbued energies, then put a kill switch somewhere because of points.  The team is built to shove everything out of the zone and ideally slow it.  This HH crew has exactly 0 defense against that nonsense.

• 5 months later...