Lucius Devil's Deal on himself

Angelshard

Question

6 answers to this question

Hmm, I hope someome sees the follow up question here but would I get the extra stone from Lucius condescending upgrade if he happens to kill himself with devils deal? 

It says "when a friendly living models is killed by this model's Devils Deal ability, add one Soulstone to this crews soulstone pool"

2 minutes ago, Tris said:

Hmm, I hope someome sees the follow up question here but would I get the extra stone from Lucius condescending upgrade if he happens to kill himself with devils deal? 

It says "when a friendly living models is killed by this model's Devils Deal ability, add one Soulstone to this crews soulstone pool"

Yeah, the abilities are still on the table at the model's death, otherwise no models would benefit from abilities that happenend when they died. Not sure when that would be a good course of action though, if I was killing Lucius to prevent something like take prisoner that would probably be done after initiative stopped mattering and I usually have few soulstones users in his lists.

7 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Yeah, the abilities are still on the table at the model's death, otherwise no models would benefit from abilities that happenend when they died. Not sure when that would be a good course of action though, if I was killing Lucius to prevent something like take prisoner that would probably be done after initiative stopped mattering and I usually have few soulstones users in his lists.

I've run lists with 3 Henchman with him (as you can see in my ccm report on the Guild forum) and he had indeed take prisoner on himself, so it could've been an option^^ (if I had seen in game that he was to be the Prisoner :p)

But yeah, would think so myself, interesting interaction there ^^

13 minutes ago, Tris said:

I've run lists with 3 Henchman with him (as you can see in my ccm report on the Guild forum) and he had indeed take prisoner on himself, so it could've been an option^^ (if I had seen in game that he was to be the Prisoner :p)

But yeah, would think so myself, interesting interaction there ^^

His rewrited abilities kind of forgot that they didn't have "other" in them since they said minion before. I don't think they'll cause problems of balance though. When I run him with a lot of higher station models they tend to be targeted early. He is often selected as a prisoner target so killing him off is definitely a game winner. :)