Monday Preview - Mysterious Gentlemen

Nef

7 minutes ago, LightningJuice said:

Could maybe pull some abilities from Guild? They remind me of lawyers or something similar. Possibly intended to bring something fresh to Ressers but also be useful to hire from the Domador de Cadaveres? 

YES.  Give them the Lawyer's worthless ability that puts "fees +1" on an non master opponent, so other factions can feel what it is like to have a 6ss(now 5ss) succeed in an attack that has no effect when it lands 90% of the time.

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

YES.  Give them the Lawyer's worthless ability that puts "fees +1" on an non master opponent, so other factions can feel what it is like to have a 6ss(now 5ss) succeed in an attack that has no effect when it lands 90% of the time.

I mean it would kind of fit right into ressers! Essentially another form of Bloated Stench...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Surely you flip a decent crow on the attack slightly more than 10%...but then accounting for opposing card...eh, you’re probably close enough for horseshoes and hand-grenades.

It’s vexing me slightly that these outfits look older than current day Malifaux, but from what little I follow Resser lore, there’s a bit of a shortage of fresh corpses (hard to imagine—are there city Neverborn helping to eat them all?) so maybe Ressers are digging deeper?

• Like 1

Alt Belles are possible, but another possibility I raised on FB: " An interesting possibility might be Malifaux upper-class citizens who see undeath as either a trendy affectation or a way to beat the reaper, and have the means to either buy the materials themselves or hire someone to "do the deed" as it were? "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

It’s vexing me slightly that these outfits look older than current day Malifaux, but from what little I follow Resser lore, there’s a bit of a shortage of fresh corpses (hard to imagine—are there city Neverborn helping to eat them all?) so maybe Ressers are digging deeper?

Maybe they're into Historical reenactment?

• Haha 1

The executives behind Malifaux's fastest-growing fast-food chain, Mortimer's Meat Farm! Come taste the cadver-iffic flavor of our new Cryptburger! Mm, you can really taste that Two-Hour Law Freshness! A Job's a Job, always at Mortimer's! 

Warning Mortimer's Meat Farm is not Guild-approved nor fit for human consumption. If swallowed consult a mortician. Side-effects include choking, indigestion, paralysis of the loins, the condition known as Hot Dog Fingers, seeing the dead, sudden tail growth, spontaneous combustion, leaky orifices, Neverborn worship, tetanus, kuru, dyslexia, aphasia, constipation, uncontrollable laughter, toenail fungus and tongue warts. Offer limited while supplies last. Not applicable to Gremlins, the French, Alaska or Hawaii. Our lawyers made us say this. Don't laugh at my bald spot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5