Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rastanor

Bayou Two Card Red Joker

Recommended Posts

If I am cheating fate using Bayou Two Card and the Red Joker comes out, does this count as having flipped the red joker for the purposes of blocking my opponent from cheating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert on Gremlin shenanigans, but if I remember correctly, the wording is "cheat from the top of your deck". A cheated RJ allows your opponent to cheat like normal. Just because you don't know the card you're cheating, it's still cheating (if it said you may reflip your card instead of cheating, that would be different) 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rastanor said:

If I am cheating fate using Bayou Two Card and the Red Joker comes out, does this count as having flipped the red joker for the purposes of blocking my opponent from cheating?

Yes it counts as flipped card. Difference in cheating comes from You cheat from hand or flip random card from Fate deck. 

To cheat from top deck u need to flip a card. Once u flip RJ your opponent can't cheat. 

  • Respectfully Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would consider the joker cheated since the ability says you cheat with your deck. Cheated jokers may be cheated against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rillan said:

Yes it counts as flipped card. Difference in cheating comes from You cheat from hand or flip random card from Fate deck. 

To cheat from top deck u need to flip a card. Once u flip RJ your opponent can't cheat. 

No, flips only happen for a duel, damage, healing or initiative. Cheating Fate specifically comes after the flip. Bayou Two-Card isn't a flip, it's specifically described as Cheating Fate.

From the Core Rules:

"Once a model has chosen the active card from the flip (and any Fate Modifiers) it may then Cheat Fate."

"When a Joker appears in a flip it will stop certain players from being able to cheat. [...] If a player's opponent flips a Red Joker from her Fate Deck, the plater is not able to Cheat Fate."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above. Bayou Two Cards Red Joker can be cheated against as it was not flipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haagrum said:

No, flips only happen for a duel, damage, healing or initiative. Cheating Fate specifically comes after the flip. Bayou Two-Card isn't a flip, it's specifically described as Cheating Fate.

From the Core Rules:

"Once a model has chosen the active card from the flip (and any Fate Modifiers) it may then Cheat Fate."

"When a Joker appears in a flip it will stop certain players from being able to cheat. [...] If a player's opponent flips a Red Joker from her Fate Deck, the plater is not able to Cheat Fate."

+1

Also, since Bayou Two Card counts as cheating, you cannot cheat AGAIN by playing a card from your hand.

Also, also, who on Earth manages to get a Red Joker with Bayou Two Card. I think I always got worse results.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×