Steam Trunk Poison and Horror Duels

JBugman

It's a "playability versus realism" issue, which I understand.  My opponent has a hard time wrapping his head around the idea that poison and fear can affect a wooden tracked chest.  I'm more inclined to think the concept is really odd, but the rules say it's possible.

I'm also trying to get him to understand how passing a Horror Duels still incurs a damage flip and making it harder to pass subsequent Horror Duels (Boo!>Cause Fear>Cheat Severe).

1 hour ago, JBugman said:

It's a "playability versus realism" issue, which I understand.  My opponent has a hard time wrapping his head around the idea that poison and fear can affect a wooden tracked chest.  I'm more inclined to think the concept is really odd, but the rules say it's possible.

I'm also trying to get him to understand how passing a Horror Duels still incurs a damage flip and making it harder to pass subsequent Horror Duels (Boo!>Cause Fear>Cheat Severe).

Seamus is a very scary man.  Sometimes he embraces that scariness by just walking into a crowd and yelling "Boo!" at them like a proper villain.  Of that ones smart enough to get clear of the dandy hatter and his bayonet-ed pistol, he delights in stabbing them on their way out of his reach.  His particularly painful stabbings only enhance his reputation and overall scariness.

Also sometimes he can do it at range because "magic".  Seamus literally turned into a fear hulk last edition; hurting a person per turn for passing a terror duel doesn't seem as far of a walk.

• Like 1

Magic is the order of the day alright. Maybe it's not poison really, but some sort of corrosive ichor. And he's so terrifying the very natural world is repulsed by him, keeping inanimate objects away.

Steam trunk is most likely powered by the souls of the dead as well, and Seamus does pretty awful stuff to those lads. 

27 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Magic is the order of the day alright. Maybe it's not poison really, but some sort of corrosive ichor. And he's so terrifying the very natural world is repulsed by him, keeping inanimate objects away.

Steam trunk is most likely powered by the souls of the dead as well, and Seamus does pretty awful stuff to those lads. 

It gets even weirder when the Steam Trunk gets affected by Drinking Contest against Brewmaster...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 4:00 PM, Clement said:

Also sometimes he can do it at range because "magic".  Seamus literally turned into a fear hulk last edition; hurting a person per turn for passing a terror duel doesn't seem as far of a walk.

As an aside, I thought his was the coolest avatar ever.

• Agree 1