Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
longfanz

Sonnia any good against Jacob Lynch or Ramos?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I'm playing a tournament at my LGS and my next matches are Lynch and Ramos. I'm focusing in Sonnia this time (but have other masters available). I'm playing mostly this but chaning the  upgrades (I change Reincarnation and Expert Sleuth for Disrupt  magic sometimes)

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
 - Reincarnation (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade In (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Incineration (0)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb to the world(1)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Watcher (4)
 

The thing I've never played against those crews. I think that it could handle Jacob but probably not Ramos as I lack I way to crack armor, am I correct? Would you change something (I could even try a new master)

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longfanz said:

Hi,

I'm playing a tournament at my LGS and my next matches are Lynch and Ramos. I'm focusing in Sonnia this time (but have other masters available). I'm playing mostly this but chaning the  upgrades (I change Reincarnation and Expert Sleuth for Disrupt  magic sometimes)

50 SS Guild Crew
Sonnia Criid + 5 Pool
 - Cherufe's Imprint (1)
 - Reincarnation (1)
 - Expert Sleuth (1)
Malifaux Child (3)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Hermanos de Armas (1)
 - Wade In (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Incineration (0)
Papa Loco (7)
 - Numb to the world(1)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Watcher (4)
 

The thing I've never played against those crews. I think that it could handle Jacob but probably not Ramos as I lack I way to crack armor, am I correct? Would you change something (I could even try a new master)

 

Thanks!

Seems good against both in my mind.   Ramos s armor is a pain but not unstoppable for sonnia.   I don't like emissary with sonnia myself.

Edit: unless you are facing bear force.  Sonnia hates bear force.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swap a stalker for a queller and laugh at their armor?

Think she'll do well vs Lynch depending on his listchoices.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Swap a stalker for a queller and laugh at their armor?

Think she'll do well vs Lynch depending on his listchoices.

I don't own Quellers right now but can try to proxy them.

Last time I saw him: Lynch box, two blood wretches, Mr Tannen and Mr Graves I think.

Seems good against both in my mind.   Ramos s armor is a pain but not unstoppable for sonnia.   I don't like emissary with sonnia myself.

Edit: unless you are facing bear force.  Sonnia hates bear force.

 

I like two things: the 0 action that burns things without line of sight and that it attracts a lot of attention making them not to attack Sonnia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the Lynch models look super hard for her to handle. No beckoners? It looks like it has trouble projecting force, Sonnia should be able to attack it from relative safety while the rest of our list keeps a little distance. If you have hounds you could swap stalkers for hounds to out-activate more, Lynch and Illuminated are less scary if you can get several activations i a row on them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonnia is not a bad choice against Ramos, his greatest strength is in the summoning of Spiders, which means he has a lot of injured models clumped together. That's prime estate for Sonnia. That means he generally can't afford to summon 3 spiders in an action. 

Ramos is a strong caster, so if I knew I was facing him I would look at dispell magic and Re-incarnation to weaken his CA actions, and the chance to turn those spiders into Stalkers. 

I build my lists to win the game, which means I don't generally know who I'm facing rather I know what I'm doing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ludvig said:

None of the Lynch models look super hard for her to handle. No beckoners? It looks like it has trouble projecting force, Sonnia should be able to attack it from relative safety while the rest of our list keeps a little distance. If you have hounds you could swap stalkers for hounds to out-activate more, Lynch and Illuminated are less scary if you can get several activations i a row on them.

In the current meta I'd be more worried about stitched and the new cheat second upgrade.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adran said:

Sonnia is not a bad choice against Ramos, his greatest strength is in the summoning of Spiders, which means he has a lot of injured models clumped together. That's prime estate for Sonnia. That means he generally can't afford to summon 3 spiders in an action. 

Ramos is a strong caster, so if I knew I was facing him I would look at dispell magic and Re-incarnation to weaken his CA actions, and the chance to turn those spiders into Stalkers. 

I build my lists to win the game, which means I don't generally know who I'm facing rather I know what I'm doing.

I'd be so tempted to build a list that tries to summon in a purifying flame in Ramos area to apply a disrupt magic aura.  But that may be more my insanity than a good plan.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

In the current meta I'd be more worried about stitched and the new cheat second upgrade.  

Stitched are also short-ranged, a beckoner would at least allow pulling in Sonnia's support to put the hurt on them. A couple of lures and a couple of stitched in conjunction perhaps. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonnia’s stupid flamewalls can be a huge pain for Ramos. If he doesn’t have LoS to a scrap marker he can’t summon from it. He can’t place a summoned spider out of LoS. Any auras he has need LoS. He’s usually got a melee heavy crew, the walls can close of parts of the board and block charge lanes.

At Df 4, Ramos makes a decent target to blast off of. If he has Under Pressure it will make it hard to get the trigger off but Sonnia will only need to beat Ramos’s card by 1 to get a straight damage flip. 

Her totem stopping soul stone use can really mess with Ramos’s summoning. He can’t summon 3 spiders without using a stone and there are some turns he might need the stone to summon 2.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×