Misaki, Wokou Raider, Crime Boss and Prospector

Like the title says. 

Misaki + Wokou Raider(s) + Crime Boss(es) + Prospector(s).

Seems like a crazy amount of synergy there. What do you guys think?
This has already been discussed, I'm really just looking at adding the Prospectors.

Would you run two of any of the above? I'd maybe go two raiders.
Would you run none?

The Prospector requires friendly scheme markers to do all its tricks other than the push they get at the start of the activation, whereas the Raider forces enemy scheme markers out, that the Crime Boss takes advantage of.

I'd drop the Prospector and add in Sensei Yu. Then have the Raider force the drop of enemy scheme markers netting some cards then have Yu mighty gust the Raider to move the raider and place the enemy scheme markers in another location, netting you more cards for the same marker! (Extra credits - then mighty gust the Crime boss)

EDIT: Reading the app, it seems you could do appraise, but the range is very short (3") and potentially losing a card that you just gained from the Raider/Boss combo seems a bit of a gamble unless you are fairly certain most of the low cards have been filtered out. Try it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 5:22 PM, Kogan Style said:

The Prospector requires friendly scheme markers to do all its tricks other than the push they get at the start of the activation, whereas the Raider forces enemy scheme markers out, that the Crime Boss takes advantage of.

I'd drop the Prospector and add in Sensei Yu. Then have the Raider force the drop of enemy scheme markers netting some cards then have Yu mighty gust the Raider to move the raider and place the enemy scheme markers in another location, netting you more cards for the same marker! (Extra credits - then mighty gust the Crime boss)

EDIT: Reading the app, it seems you could do appraise, but the range is very short (3") and potentially losing a card that you just gained from the Raider/Boss combo seems a bit of a gamble unless you are fairly certain most of the low cards have been filtered out. Try it!

I'll be giving it a shot in my next game methinks. :)

Alternatively, how about the Bayou Smuggler? Perhaps the synergy is easier here. You just activate the Smuggler last, moving all those markers around for free and generating more card draw (as part of a walk action). Plus, this doesn't require destruction of enemy scheme markers like the Prospector.

The Swap action is probably reasonable when your opponent only has one or two cards left in their hand. Sure, it's giving them a card cycle, but you are one card up overall (at least).

Up Sheet's Creek could be useful against summoners especially with a large hand at the end of turn.

And with the card advantage you should already have, your opponent would be hesitant to attack the Smuggler due to the Buy Low, Sell High front of card ability giving you even more cards.

Sensei Yu is a clear synergy, however I'm not sure about buying the box set just yet.

EDIT:

Card Draw Mechanisms;

Crime Boss: Each enemy activation in 2"
Crime Boss: Each normal enemy scheme marker placement within 6"

Wokou Raider + Crime Boss: Inbuilt scheme marker placement with each attack
Wokou Raider + Crime Boss: A New Horizon, swapping low Tombs for a new card
Sensei Yu: Card draw for every enemy scheme marker moved
Bayou Smuggler: Free card(s) draw when taking Walk actions due to Wokou Raider's enemy scheme marker placement
Bayou Smuggler: Card draw with 'even' result from The Swap
Bayou Smuggler + Crime Boss: Card draw with 'odd' result from The Swap
Prospector: Appraise, draw a card on a 6+

Did I miss anything?

• 2 months later...